The Corporate Engineering team builds internal systems and services to keep our fellow Stripes working smoothly, productively, and securely. As a Corporate Systems Engineer, you’ll design and scale the infrastructure powering your peers’ day to day work.
- Create and improve systems to manage our growing fleet of workstations, global corporate networks, A/V infrastructure, and physical security.
- Thoughtfully and inventively incorporate leading third-party software into Stripe’s core infrastructure frameworks.
- Keep abreast of company growth and industry trends and iterate on automated deployment, configuration, and monitoring.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you encounter.
- Help your teammates by sharing knowledge, mentoring, and participating in our on-call rotation.
- Collaborate with partner teams automate, measure, and monitor internal products.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Proven experience owning significant pieces of cloud infrastructure using an industry-leading provider like AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Demonstrated experience designing complex systems to be automatic, safe, efficient, and effective.
- Excellent coding skills with a high bar for quality and scalability.
- Proficiency troubleshooting Linux at the OS level and as part of a distributed system.
- Comfort discussing key technical concepts like network protocols and application statefulness.
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience.
- An empathetic, humble, and customer-focused demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and task management skills.