This role will be focused on extending our capabilities and working on innovative opportunities for end-to-end optimization of enterprise infrastructure solutions, with focus and depth in storage technology, virtualization and cloud research. The successful candidate will have a strong background in storage solutions, hyper-converged infrastructure, data storage, networking, and virtualization combined with a unique ability to evangelize and differentiate game-changing technology.
- Researches and develops options to address performance and functional issues pertaining to storage environments.
- Collaborate closely with other infrastructure areas (e.g. Network, Windows, and Database) to provide architected solutions for projects, and corporate initiatives to ensure system performance, availability and security across platforms
- Collaborate within the Infrastructure Architects to help plan and architect a modern, portable storage enterprise solution
- Set guidance for storage solutions
- Collaborate with infrastructure teams, application development teams, testing and release teams to develop process around utilization and monitoring of system resources as they relate to implementation new storage environments.
- Develop and maintain system documentation and architecture diagrams according to established standards.
- Remain abreast of industry technical trends and new development trends to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- Serve as a recognized subject matter expert and thought leader with deep expertise in converged infrastructure
- Researches and develops engineered solutions and alternatives to align with business goals and processes
- Partner with business in data analysis to document current storage usage patterns, reduce duplication of stored information and improve efficiency of storage consumption
- Collaborate with business, solution/enterprise architects to translate business requirements into scalable solution options and provide input to Business Analytics and Master Data roadmap/strategy
- In depth knowledge current storage and backup technologies to determine going forward strategic direction for corporate storage and data archiving/backup systems.
- Experience developing architecture and engineering solutions around storage and backup following industry standard best-practices
- Knowledge industry standards to meet business continuity requirements in an enterprise, multi-platform storage and system recovery environment.
- Ability to work independently on researching new technologies to develop enterprise level storage, data backup and recovery, and data replication solutions for business needs.
- Experience must include at least five years of experience with each of the following: system integration, storage engineering in a mixed Linux/Windows environment
- Experience performing enterprise multi-platform environment and sound systems troubleshooting.
- Understanding of systems integration with EMC Storage (Isilon, VNX+SRDF, and RecoverPoint), Cisco SAN Fabric Director Class Switches and experience in additional Enterprise Storage systems including NetApp, PureStorage, and Nimble.
- Experience Commvault backup technologies as well as backup best practices using industry backup products.
- Experience in Back-up/recovery methodology, clustering and high availability strategies
- Experience developing infrastructure design documentation for complex projects involving third parties that can be handed off to managed services groups to implement
- Experience moving an organization to next generation technology and solutions
- Data Management: classification, storage optimization, consolidation, data protection
- Architecture Design: design/layout global network, develop operations best practices and create design benchmarks for use in business expansion.
- Experience with EMC storage solutions as well as next generation storage options
- Experience with SAN replication tools
- Experience with Commvault backup technologies as well as backup best practices using industry backup products.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Technology, or Business discipline or equivalent experience.