We’re looking for engineering leaders who can drive the technical vision of Stripe’s service infrastructure platform for hundreds of engineers to use and build on top of, and thrive in a highly autonomous environment with many moving pieces.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale, while improving internal engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Scope, design and implement platform solutions that make the appropriate tradeoffs between resiliency, durability, and performance.
- Develop tooling and automate processes to provide a resilient and flexible platform for other engineers.
- Help debug and solve critical infrastructure issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Curiosity to learn and share knowledge with peers, and the motivation to empower others to be more productive.
- Pleasure in anticipating how systems fail, how to observe and design robust systems, and building the right interfaces that encourage best practices.
- A mature understanding to strike the balance between ideal and pragmatic solutions on a case-by-case basis.
- 3+ years of experience in service infrastructure, reliability engineering, software engineering, or systems engineering.
- Coding skills in Java, Scala, Go, or another statically typed language for building highly performant services.
- Understanding and practical experience in service infrastructure environments (e.g. gRPC, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Terraform, AWS, etc.)
- Understanding and practical experience in multiple database and storage options, including clustering, sharding and failure recovery of SQL, NoSQL, in memory caching, etc.
- Familiarity with the full life cycle of software development, from design and implementation to testing and deployment.
- Experience in distributed systems at scale with regards to testing, reliability, security, and observability.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
- We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.