Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value.
The Service Management Office is accountable for the strategy, deployment, operations, complexity reduction and security of all manufacturing infrastructure, as well as global management of strategic third party infrastructure sourcing supporting one of Arconic’s three Global Business Units.
This organization is a direct result of the executive leadership of Arconic's agreement to create a single global manufacturing infrastructure organization in order to implement global manufacturing infrastructure standards, create common infrastructure platforms and solutions for use across Business Units(BU)/locations, leverage skills of existing resources across all Global Business Units (GBU) and BUs, and improve overall productivity and operational effectiveness across Arconic's global manufacturing locations.
The SMO Infrastructure Engineer role is a primary deployment and support role for business and manufacturing infrastructure within Arconic’s global manufacturing facilities. This role normally reports to the BU / Regional Services Lead within the incumbent’s location or Business Unit. However, in some cases, the role may report to an SMO Infrastructure Technical Lead within the incumbent’s location or Business Unit.
Major Activities/Key Challenges
- Work alone or as part of a team to implement, evaluate, procure, and/or support business and manufacturing computer systems and information solutions that meet the needs of the customer and add the most value to the company. This is to be accomplished by utilizing technically sound methods of investigation, analysis, design, planning, and scheduling.
- Provide reactionary support and/or preventive maintenance on the business and manufacturing systems in assigned area(s) of responsibility, with minimal supervision.
- Provide advice and counsel to the customers of the business and manufacturing systems in assigned area(s) of responsibility, and to other location business, manufacturing, local technical, or GIS-IS personnel.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the manufacturing and business processes in area(s) of assignment; participate in, and learn how to perform, the analysis of the customer's processes to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Manage the Service Level Agreement (SLA) process in assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Operate within Arconic IS standards and conventions and applicable Arconic BU/RU IT standards.
- Follow appropriate methodologies, supportprocesses, and procedures.
- Comply with all guidelines detailed in the IT ASAT/PSAT (with a specific focus on business partnerships, change control, disaster recovery, and security) for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Pursue continuous learning consistent with the movement in the job requirements and changes in technology.
- In addition to individual priorities, manage a single business or manufacturing system service or smaller project including project estimates, status communications, and schedules; execute the plans including frequent review with immediate supervisor.
- Lead the discovery, planning and implementation of process improvements in individual tasks.
The incumbent in this position has responsibility to
- Complete operational support/ ASAT/PSAT tasks of the business and manufacturing infrastructure environment, providing remote and local / on-site support to customers.
- Provide second line support to the local customers and relevant IS groups in the assigned locations.
- Assure regular execution of standard operational activities related to business and manufacturing infrastructure for the location.
- On-duty, off-hours support as needed
- High School Diploma or GEDdegree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years’ prior experience in Information Technology.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of Hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT/IS, Business, Math, Engineering, Finance, Economics or Accounting from an accredited institution.
- 2 years’ experience in IT Operating Systems, collaboration tools, and network topologies.
- 2 years’ experience with IT Support Chains.
- Knowledgeable in the location’s standards, conventions, procedures and technical environment.
- Strong human relation skills, and be able to interact with internal and external customers, other support groups, BU or location manufacturing management, and GIS management.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills.