Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be part of a technical team behind building and maintaining Riot's services. Availability, performance, security, reliability, and automation will be your watchwords. You'll help development teams design and implement production and development environments, address system needs in new and creative ways, and ensure that Riot's infrastructure is capable of supporting all Riot initiatives. You'll work in a self-guiding, cross-functional team with other humble but highly skilled individuals. Working in a wide range of technical domains.
- A veteran: for 5+ years, you've built servers of all types, bare metal, in the cloud and in containers and you've kept an online production environment humming. You have experience running beefy systems and you're a pro with Linux operating systems.
- An automator: you realize that automation is the key to scaling. You've made data centers hum with Chef, Ansible (or similar) and can script Python, Perl, Go, or all three. You've similarly grokked, deployed, and supported applications across various tech stacks and multiple regions; you're familiar with the core concepts of object-oriented, functional, and other programming paradigms and have used one or more modern source control management tools.
- Distributed by default: you've worked with distributed big data, caching, networking, and application systems in the past, so you're familiar with the core concepts of distributed systems. You understand the challenges of global networking and data center management. You're proficient with basic distributed systems and networking troubleshooting tools.
- Tuning master: you're penny wise. You rightsize cloud and datacenter resources to meet the demand versus over-engineering.
- Adaptable: you're able to rapidly change direction when priorities shift, stay focused on the most relevant issues and can evolve and shift to meet them as needed.
- DevOps: you believe devops is a state of mind and you operate with total ownership. You recognize the value of iterative development and the buck stops at you for quality and support of what you deploy into production.
- Tech chops: you keep your craft sharp via conferences, tech blogs, and participating in the community. You can go deep or broad.
- Player-focused: you love playing video games, so you know that one of the worst feelings in the world is discovering that the server's down; you'll strive to keep the League of Legends platform infrastructure humming, so that doesn't happen.
- Experience working with DevOps and/or Agile/Scrum teams
- Solid knowledge of scriptinglanguages - Python, Perl, Ruby, Go
- Familiarity with JVM language
- +5 years of Network/Systems Administration
- Communication skills, written and verbal
- Certified in one or more of the following: CCNP, JNCIS, RHCE, RHCSA