The Systems Stability Engineering team manages a large and diverse fleet of Linux, Windows, Solaris, and AIX servers, handling all aspects of operating system administration including configuration management, task orchestration, kernel and performance tunables, and filesystems. You will get to work with modern, open-source tooling while maintaining mission-critical systems hosting a wide array of applications.
The Systems Administrator C/W role will provide world class systems management and engineering skills for this global Linux/Unix and Windows computing environment.
You?ll need to have:
- 3-5years of experience showing progressive levels of responsibility within the realm of systems administration engineering
- Experience with interpreted languages (such as Python, Ruby, Perl) and shell scripting (ksh or bash ideal)
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience working in a 24/7production engineering organization
- Must function as a member of a team and thrive in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven systems environment
We?d love to see:
- Ability to implement basic tunables and network settings using configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, CFEngine, Puppet, etc.)
- History of working with industry-standard tools such as Chef, SaltStack, and Foreman to manage and maintain provisioning and configuration standards
- Experience with LVM and network-based enterprise filesystem management
- Experience with creating and improving documented procedures to prevent and reduce the severity of outages
- Prior involvement in coordinating activities with vendors such as software and firmware bug reporting and remediation