The Infrastructure Engineer III maintains the organizations IT infrastructure, which may include hardware, software, servers, storage solutions, networks, or physical facilities. Handles complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff. Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter. May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to level I & II Infrastructure Engineers.
1. Maintains the organizations IT infrastructure.
2. Configures, installs, maintains, and provides support for critical software and hardware components.
3. Monitors system availability and troubleshoots and resolves connectivity interruptions.
4. Measures and improves performance and scalability.
5. Helps develop disaster recovery or business continuity plans.
6. Responsible for basic management of storage solutions.
7. Produces documentation for systems and procedures.
8. Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new trends.
9. Virus Management, Assist in the day-to-day tasks critical patching, vulnerability remediation, meeting desired state and configurations.
10. Must be willing to accommodate weekend, shift or on-call schedules when necessary.
11. Other duties and projects as assigned and in a timely fashion.
12. Adheres to the Medical Centers Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
1. Bachelors degree preferably in Information Technology/Math/Computer Science or related field
2. Four or more years of experience in an Information Technology department in a similar role.
3.Deep understanding of Cisco UCS (Unified Computing System) technologies including switching fabric and management software layers is required.
4. Knowledge of Cisco HyperFlex or HyperConverged technologies is required
5. Knowledge of windows Server Operating Systems is required
6. Knowledge of VMware and Vsphere is required
7. Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy is required
8. Knowledge of Enterprise storage, EMC, SAN, NAS is preferred
9. Knowledge of network principles, protocols & Technologies is required
10. Knowledge of Horizon View VDI Citrix virtualization technologies is preferred
11. Knowledge of EMC Avamar backup & Recovery Including DR is preferred.
12. Knowledge of network principles, protocols & Technologies
13. Ability to multitask and strong analytical skills.
14. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
15. Problem solving and critical thinking skills in a fast paced and changing environment.
16. Strong organization skills
*****Licenses and Certifications Preferred*****
1. VMware, Cisco or Microsoft products certifications, should be current and within 4 years.