Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client's success.
If you're looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
Under independent direction, the Infrastructure Engineer performs a variety of technical tasks which support the primary systems on the Server Platform by providing administration of the Data Center Inventory, Request work flow, and the design and maintenance support of systems associated with Technology Placement and tracking process as well as support for some Facilities monitoring components. The position provides technical support, programming, developing, etc., for any new initiatives and formal/informal training related to the complete tool set for the team's automation & monitoring strategy. This function is performed to provide an automated mechanism to process changes in our organization and to provide standardized work methods when deploying System hardware to IT Rooms dedicated to GTS.
ROLE SUMMARY AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with product change requests, coding updates and testing on existing and future systems currently including ISX Central (from APC), DCAT - (Node.js [backend], Angular [frontend], MongoDB [database]), Hardware Placement Request (Internal System – Lotus Notes), DSView KVM/IP and Terminal Server systems (Avocent). Creates and modifies UNIX/Linux shell, PERL and AWK scripts to support the existing Terminal Servers, KVM/IP systems, Web Server integration. Develops and supports web sites associated with operational documentation.
- Assist with product server and client installation of new releases for Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) products used in daily operational activities.
- Research, review, test and implement alternative software offerings for overall Data Center design and process management. Updates and enhances Administrator and User Training manuals for any existing or future applications. Creates training material and instructs end users of systems in proper use. Audits user access and maintains user license for all supported applications. Initiates request for new licenses, contract renewal of maintenance agreement, and generate licensing keys.
- Manages the entire group Intranet content (products and tools) including new web design and the updating of all client server procedures. Implements changes to software products and tools purchased to accessibility and ease of usability for end user.
- Works with team manager and team lead to meet daily job duties and projects. Projects can be multiple including concurrent or large projects with multiple deliverables or components being managed. Facilitates project status meetings with the team on a regular basis and provides status to manager. Provides updates and feedback to internal customers regarding progress of projects.
- Assist and advices with various tasks and efforts to achieve the team's overall automation and monitoring strategy.
- Applies understanding of the Financial Services and Asset Management industries
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders
- Decisions show a focus on current and future business priorities, together with fiscal responsibility
- Can competently engage in business-led conversations
- 1+ years of experience in large Data Processing environment as either a Software administrator, Webserver Administrator or similar role, but will consider related Information Technology experience
- Experience in administration of a defect tracking application
- Experience with Linux based systems
- Experience Frontend technologies (HTML5, CSS, Mobile first) (Intermediary)
- Developer and Administrator experience with Relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Experience updating training material for both the instructor lecture and end user training manual
- Ability to instruct users
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to provide 24/7 on call support (typically happens a few hours per month)
- Experience designing and developing REST API applications and services preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint preferred
- Experience with Automation and Monitoring technology efforts preferred
- Experience with Git(Basic) preferred
- Experience with CI CD knowledge preferred
- Experience with Network protocols and security (Basic) preferred
- Scripting experience with Perl, Python preferred
- Experience with Microservicesarchitecture and building and running Docker containers preferred