IT Infrastructure Engineer to support and maintain the global Forcepoint infrastructure. This position is part of the Systems Infrastructure team that supports 24/7 datacenters environments. The primary focus of this position is centered on the care and feeding of the Virtual/Physical Infrastructure Servers, VDI, Blade Enclosures, Storage Area Network, Nutanix Environments and multiple Microsoft and CentOS servertechnologies as well as backups, event log monitoring, basic/advance Add/Move/Changes and performance tuning.
- Maintains the VMware virtual infrastructure.
- Maintains the Storage Area Network.
- Supports worldwide Active Directory, GPO and DFS
- Monitors system health and responds promptly to network alerts and events.
- Supports heterogeneous multi-vendor server hardware, including blade and rack-mounted servers as well as convergedinfrastructure platforms.
- Maintains Web and Application servers for Production, Tech Support and Corp Training environments.
- Works extended and/or alternative hours as needed for roll-outs, system upgrades, etc.
- Provide on-call support during off hours
- Performs Run The Business tasking, such as expanding disks, reviewing event logs, backups, working cases, setting up accounts, expanding mailboxes, creating files shares, add/move/changes, and P2V machines
- Develop and maintain Run Books, knowledge base articles, and in house manuals
- Experience of working with strategic partners and flexible resources.
- Service Operations and demonstrated experience working within an ITIL environment across a global IT team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in Microsoft environment, with at least 3 years as a Sys Admin.
- 3+ years maintaining a CentOS environment
- ITIL Foundation
- Knowledge of SAN technology, with a minimum of 2+ years’ experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the support of VMware’s product line, including vSphere, vCloud Director and View.
- Working technical knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and services in a multi-site topology, including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DFS, IIS and Cluster Services.
- Experience with multiple enterprise backup strategies (Commvault/Veeam), including agent and SAN based backups, snapshots, and file and block level replication.
- Working knowledge of Bash / PowerShell or similar scriptinglanguage(s).
- Experience with an enterprise monitoring solution, such as Zabbix, Nagios.
- Must be able to quickly diagnose system problems and implement solutions to restore functionality
- Must be physically able to lift and move computers, monitors, and related equipment with weights in the 10-40 pound range.
- Must be accurate and prompt in the details of the job.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work well with others as part of larger team.
- Ability to work independently to meet goals and objectives with minimal supervision.
Preferred Skills and Background
- VMware certification is preferred
- ITIL Foundation 2.0
- MCSE, MCITP, and CCNP certifications are pluses
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013 experience is preferred
- Experience with HP/Dell servers and/or Nutanix convergedinfrastructure
- Linuxexperience is desired