This role requires keen understanding and experience with the work that is owned by the Infrastructure Team. This role will support and improve Faction Operations by implementing process / visibility improvements, automation opportunities and maintaining oversight and best practices standards for infrastructure and client environments.
Resource will utilize sprints prioritized by Operations Leadership to focus on projects diverse in scope that improve our availability, stability and client/employee experience. Target 50% Strategic / 50% Operations
- Development, implementation and ongoing improvement of tools to increase visibility and improve restoration (examples: LogicMonitor and DellOME, new alarming templates)
- Development of automated tools utilized by Operations Engineers - including automation of alarming response, environment upgrades etc.
- SME for deployment of Alarming Tools with a focus visibility needs of the Operations
- Utilized for testing, validation and roll out of new products / processes and firmware and software versions
- Oversee planning and executing of environment patching and upgrades. 2021 Goal to expand to Windows / VEEAM Servers in addition to vCenter.
- Responsible for lifecycle management of Faction products including VMWare infrastructure and compute components
- Identify software and component compatibility and recommendations on upgrades and versions
- Liaison between software development and product to prepare for Day II support and lifecycle management
- Ownership of Sev 1 / Sev 2 Retrospective - technical learning and documentation and optimization and automation opportunities to address
- Responsible for Tier II On-Call rotation and support of higher level issues and events
Qualifications Infrastructure Engineer
- Proficiency with compute, networking and storage concepts
- Experience supporting all Faction products and offerings
- Understanding of Faction processes
- Experiencing developing tools utilizing Python and other coding languages
- Ability to develop templates and deploy alarming
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Desire to develop creative solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)