KEY OBJECTIVE As a member of Cigna’s Service Management and Technical Support leadership team you will help build and manage platform systems technologies that connect Cigna’s employees with its customers, put resources in the hands of the health professionals who need them and help Cigna play its part in the future of healthcare. The work you will do directing and leading the design and operations of technology solutions, preparing budgets, delivering strategic business plans, and reducing cost will translate directly into improved operational costs for the organization. Supported by the resources you need to make informed and accurate business decisions, you will be empowered to maximize your performance and that of the organization. The Director of Platform Support Services will be responsible for the 24x7 global Level 2 support of all server and storage platform technology solutions deployed across the corporation. The role will be responsible to hire, direct, train and develop cross-functional teams and processes to improve availability and service delivery of the environment, resulting in increased customer satisfaction. Manage multiple teams of technical engineers and support personnel, ensuring day-to-day management and execution of key processes including request fulfillment, incident management, change management, problem management, availability management, and capacity management. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Leadership and Strategy
- Provide leadership and oversight of multiple teams with the Platform Services Support organization responsible for service management of server and storage.
- Manage nearshore and offshore technical resources providing 24x7 support of the Platform Services Support organization.
- Drive restoration of service during incidents in the environment focused on restoration of service and problem management to prevent future occurrences
- Ensure uninterrupted delivery of critical IT services to Cigna and its customers
- Recruit, develop, and manage technical staff to drive improvements in systems stability, productivity improvement, and high team member performance
- Engage with highly technical operations team providing 24x7 level 2 support for all technology infrastructure including storage, systems, and virtualization.
- Create and implement processes for key IT processes including incident management, problem management, availability management, capacity management, and request fulfillment
- Execute disaster recovery testing for platform services.
- Direct and oversee vendor resources to ensure compliance with SLA metrics
- Engage and collaborate with Network and Systems engineering teams to review Cigna business needs and infrastructure strategies, and prepare for necessary changes
- Create strong process linkage with both Level 1 organizations such as the CSC and the OCC, as well as the discrete Engineering teams within GISG
- Instill and maintain high levels of integrity and security, work in close conjunction with Cigna CIP team
- Track and review delivery performance, uptime, KPIs and SLAs of internal teams, and drive improvement through regular review meetings
- Oversee financial, stability performance measures for all platform technology domains
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of platform security solutions, including Windows, Linux, and Midrange systems patching.
- Approve and administer user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of Infrastructure analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Provide mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in a technical field preferred, masters preferred and/or seven years’ equivalent work experience in operations
- Experience in platform/server and storage operations, including expertise in running day-to-day operations with a drive toward continuous improvement and meticulous collection of quantifiable metrics
- Cross-functional knowledge of technology infrastructure experience (Network, Storage, Systems, and Virtualization) on a large scale global basis.
- Ability to lead large, complex teams and initiatives in a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to continue and carry-out operational processes amid technology conversions and deployment of new architectures
- Ability to collaborate with engineering, architecture, customer service, and business services teams to achieve common platform services performance and security goals
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of staff
- Ability to drive results (focused execution, technical expertise)
- Ability to proactively identify cost savings opportunities and innovative service delivery approaches (analytical thinking, operational discipline)
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas and persuade key constituents regarding technology investment decisions (communication, collaboration skills)