What you'll do:
Join our SCBU Database Services Team. We’re the central resource for corporate and shared database service delivery. In this Infrastructure Engineering role, you’ll work as a member of one of our collaborative Scrum teams. We value a strong technical aptitude, with a preference for database administration. However, this team is not just about traditional DBA work. Automation, optimization, and creating a more efficient delivery is at the core of providing the best platform experience for our broad and diverse customer base. Does the cloud interest you or do you have experience moving database services from on prem to cloud solutions? If so, this may be an exciting opportunity for you!
Here are few examples of the kinds of things you’ll do:
- Perform system and application level database administration tasks, initially on the SQL Server platform.
- Learn other database platform technology/tooling (i.e. Oracle, DB2, Mongo, Hadoop, just to name a handful).
- Unique opportunity to take part in AWS Cloud work.
- Help advance our automation efforts through the use of .NET, C#, Java and PowerShell.
- Be a member of a collaborative Scrumban team, leveraging the Kanban approach to workflow. This consists of a balance of operational and feature (project) work.
- Includes on-call responsibilities, sharing in that rotation with other team members.
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We’ll reward you for the skills and experience you have.
- A great place to live, work and play. Greater Des Moines is one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the country. Given its vibrant and welcoming culture, it’s no wonder Des Moines has garnered so much national recognition—including #3 Best Affordable Place to Live (U.S. News & World Report, 2019).
- Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture.
- A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals.
- The ability to have a great job and a great life. Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That’s why we provide the flexibility needed to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree with a preference in a science, technology, engineering, or math related field or equivalent work experience (6 years of experience equates to an Associate’s degree when defining “equivalent work experience”)
- 4+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years of database administration/management experience
- SQL server experience
Additional preferred technical experience:
- Cloud experience (preferably AWS)