Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Lead level Infrastructure Engineer with Cloud Management Platform experience for our offices in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX or 100% Remote Work Environment.
Please note: The ideal Infrastructure Engineer candidate applies an automation mindset to solving problems. If you are this Engineer, you will implement and maintain an efficient and secure enterprise infrastructure pipeline that offers elastic, uninterrupted private cloud capacity for our customers. As part of an agile team, your skill will be empowered to addresses the development of required Cloud patterns and Software Defined Infrastructure covering a broad range of solutions to include: compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, machine learning, and security.
Responsible for creating, modifying, maintaining and supporting infrastructure and individual system components that enable business functions and IT Services. Balance availability, security, efficiency and functional requirements to help provide an optimized production service. Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored and controlled.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financialsecurity of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leads the design of highly complex, scalable infrastructure, creates and enforces standards for system change - reserves execution for the most complex implementations, ensures service delivery and maintenance tasks are appropriately automated, and Influences and guides monitoring and tooling activities
- Leads resolution of the most complex production issues and guides troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions that span multiple systems
- Influences the process of analyzing outages
- Leads and prioritizes experiments with new patterns and technologies
- Determines engineering best practices, concepts, and patterns
- Understands and shares information about the customer and leads the identification of solutions and ideas for the customer
- Partners with key stakeholders to lead the evaluation of potential solutions
- Mentor and coach junior / experienced engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study,
4 additional years of related experiencebeyond the minimum required
- 8+ years of infrastructure experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s) to include 3 years' experience in Systems Operations environment supporting complex environment deployment and infrastructure management activities
- 2 years demonstrated technical leadership experience and/or leading teams
- Demonstrated experience in successfully partnering with business teams and leaders to design and manage highly available, complex, secure, enterprise infrastructure, and associated components, including servers, storage, network, and virtualized systems
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
- Core Experience in Private (VMware) Cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company and assist in modernizing efforts
- Core Experience in vendor platform rapid elasticity development experience in VMware stack (Validated Design, SDDC, vRealize Suite, vCenter, etc.), Dell PowerFlex or HPE SimpliVity development for software-defined infrastructure supporting a wide range of use cases across IaaS and PaaS
- Core Experience in VMware Private Cloud cost modelling, tools, and services.
- Significant Experience in scripting leveraging Bash, Python, or PowerShell
- Core Experience of Git, GitHub or semantic versioning strategies and artifact management using Jfrog Artifactory
- Significant Experience with a growing maturity with automation tools like GitLab and Jenkins Pipelines, Hashicorp Terraform and stack, Ansible, Puppet, qTest and/or any of the many other technologies that help build a staged deployment pipeline for teams to reach a more continuous capability
- Moderate Experience with modern security practices as applied in a continuous world.
- Moderate knowledge or Experience in Infrastructure Elasticity (IaC, CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.)
- Knowledge or Moderate Experience with modern API platform design and development.
- Knowledge or Moderate Experience in GoLang, Python, Java or proof that you are a quick learner to learn the best language to address the problem
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.