Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzing complex business and software requirements leading to the selection and implementation of appropriate technical solutions.
- Ensuring the software and development requirements align to the defined public cloud infrastructure service standards
- Ensure architecture, process, standards and best practice documentation is current
- Work with internal groups such as Development, Product, QA, Sales as needed to design and encourage standardization, best practice and service take-up.
- Optimizing and tuning designs based on performance and root cause analysis
- Analysis of existing solutions alignment to infrastructure standards and providing feedback to both evolve and mature the solution.
- Utilizing your experience and skillset to influence and guide the Infrastructure Services Roadmap
- In depth knowledge and experience with:
- Automate everything mindset and ability to prioritize high value automation opportunities
- Extensive experience architecting automation and developing automation platforms
- AWS Cloud experience including core services EC2, S3, ALB/NLB, Lambda, RDS
- Automating delivery of on premises infrastructure in a traditional VMware, Windows, Linux and SAN/NAS environment
- Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
- Knowledge of Python, Ruby, YAML or JSON development languages
- Knowledge of how to extend Configuration Management practices in remediating configuration drift compared to Gold images
- Agile Development Methodology including full DevOps lifecycle
- Ability to gather requirements from architects/app developers and translate to automation solutions
- Understanding of application code delivery pipelines and integrations into infrastructure automation mechanisms/pipelines
- Ability to drive commonality in standards between on premises and off premises solutions where applicable
- Broad understanding/experience across full stack infrastructure technologies
- Database solutions (SQL/NoSQL)
- Containerization Solutions (Docker, Kubernetes)
- DevOps processes and tooling
- Hypervisor (VMware) and Virtualization technologies
- Message queuing, data streaming and caching solutions
- Micro-service architecture
- Networking principles and concepts
- Experience of working within an Infrastructure team utilizing Private/Public/Hybrid cloud models
- In depth knowledge of server based operating systems (Windows/Linux) and Web Services (IIS, Apache)
- Strong analytical and presentation/communication skills
- Experience of designing, optimizing and troubleshooting public cloud platforms associated with large, complex application stacks
- Have clear and concise communication and be comfortable working with at all levels in the organization
- Effective at both collaboration and negotiation with internal stakeholders.
- Capable of managing and prioritize multiple projects with competing resource requirements and timelines
- Years of Experience:
- 10 yrs+ working in an IT Infrastructure related role along with associated design experience.
- 3 yrs+ working in the AWS public cloud environment
- AWS Architect certification (associate or professional) preferred along with hands on experience of designing and managing AWS cloud solutions.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Previous experience working as a either a Technical Architect, Solutions Architect, Technical Design Authority or Solutions Designer would be preferred
- Microsoft Server and/or Linux Server certification preferred