The Stripe API sits at the heart of Stripe’s collection of products, and as such the API Platform team is accountable to both internal and external developers. We enable Stripe engineers to ship, maintain, and operationally support APIs. We raise the bar for how APIs at Stripe are built by maintaining best practices for developing and releasing APIs. We own the end user experience by attentively creating services for quality and reliability, such as rate limiters, canary processes, and other operational tools.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Stripe’s engineering teams.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work on tools and services to proactively improve the quality and reliability of our production API.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Extend the API via a service oriented approach.
You also likely:
- Have 5+ years experience as a software engineer.
- Can think intuitively about systems and services and write high quality code. We work mostly in Ruby and Java, and very occasional in Scala and Go. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Have experience authoring and operating high-scale services, as well as debugging complex systems.
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise. Every role and project at Stripe involves collaboration across the company, from Sales and Support in sharing feedback from our customers; to Legal and Accounting in supporting our systems for tracking money movement and reporting around the world.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences.