About 2U: 2U is changing the way great students and great universities think about online higher education. Founded by a unique team of education veterans, 2U Inc. is a private company that partners with preeminent institutions of higher education to deliver rigorous, selective degree programs online.
We supply universities with the tools, expertise, and global recruiting needed to compete in a space currently dominated by unexceptional programs. 2U develops state-of-the-art technology platforms that enhance traditional offline curricula, while also providing key logistical components, including comprehensive student support services from enrollment through graduation. To learn more about 2U please visit http://2U.com.
Role and Responsibilities:
2U?s IT Infrastructure team is fast-paced and full of people passionate about delivering high quality technology solutions to our employees who are changing the landscape of digital education. The Engineer II, Core Systems will work in a mainly Windows Server environment ?and is responsible for provisioning, configuring, and maintaining our internally-facing hardware and software systems. This individual will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure while supporting theinternal facing technologies of the company.
- Responsible for deploying new infrastructure, systems, and services to supportinternal employees and Infrastructure initiatives
- Maintain and optimize current internally-facing systems infrastructure and related components
- Manage, maintain, and optimize Active Directory
- Manage growing fleet of Windows Servers (120+) running various operating systems such as Server 2008 R2, 20012 R2, and 2016 and some Linux servers
- Manage virtualization platform (Hyper-V) and physical servers
- Manage storage systems (HPE 3PAR) and physical storage arrays across multiple offices
- Manage various SaaS application/tools
- Maintain identity management systems such as OneLogin and Azure
- Responsible for configuring/managing physical security access control systems via various platforms
- Ensure security enforcement and compliance for all Infrastructure managed systems and servers
- Analyze system logs and patterns to identify potential issues and proactively resolve them
- Scale systems and applications to keep up with 2U?s rapid expansion while focusing on high availability
- Analyze current process and workflow for IT Team to identify inefficiencies and assist to streamline through automation
- Interface with non-technical departments/stakeholders to assist with identifying technology needs and creating solutions
- Assist in planning for the future strategy of internally-facing systems and infrastructure
- Conducts/develops proactive maintenance designed to ensure optimal performance of internal systems
- Performs resource planning, new hardware installation and configuration for new office build outs
Education and Professional Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience managing servers and systems
- Intimate knowledge of Hyper-V clustered server virtualization
- Mastered knowledge of Active Directory
- Mastered knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, and 2016
- Experience with various Linux distros (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Experience managing servers at scale by use of automation management tools
- Familiarity with automation/scripting: Powershell, PHP, C#, Bash
- Experience working in multi-domain environments spread across different geographic regions
- Experience with log management and monitoring systems
- Broad familiarity with cloud computing (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Broad familiarity with Networking and Telecom verticals
- Track record of providing strong customer service to staff and stakeholders
- Experience working in Agile development workflows (Scrum, Kanban, or similar).
- Service focus: commitment to the success of the organization and the satisfaction of a diverse user base with a variety of needs and problems to solve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: you have a desire to share knowledge and mentor others
- Mature organizational skills: you are fastidious, detail oriented, and committed to the highest work standards
- Ability to work late and emergency hours when necessary to maintain high level of service, availability for contact around the clock in case of outages or emergencies.
- Enthusiasm and the flexibility to thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere of constant change and rapid growth
Note: ?The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. ?They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. ?All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
2U, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U, Inc.'s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.