Infrastructure Development Engineer responsible for building and extending our evolving continuous delivery platform with the goal of moving changes to production faster and safer while ensuring operational best practices are supported. The position is highly technical and balanced between engineering and operations roles such as systems configuration management and software development. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently, lead other team members, and represent operations core values across the organization.
- Build new continuous integration and delivery pipelines (Jenkins 2.0)
- Engineer with the goal of continuous delivery using containers and Kubernetes.
- Operational point of contact for development, operations, and Quality Engineering.
- AWS deployments and service management.
- Ability to implement a configuration management solution such as Puppet, Chef, Docker or Ansible.
- Evaluate current development and web operations procedures, recommend and implement tools and practices to increase efficiency and repeatability.
- Operational review of existing architecture with the goal of automating and improving the existing and future environments.
- Configure, deploy, and run Open Source Software.
- Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
- Provide best practices, recommendations, and guidance for use of AWS
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills. Demonstrated leadership as a mentor or team lead expected.
- Ability to multitask and take on new technologies.
- Experience with a highly available and scalable SaaS.
- Have a broad understanding of development, web operations, SDLC, etc.
- Strong technical foundation in several of the following technologies:
- Container Workflows: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, ECS
- Virtualization: AMI, Vagrant, VirtualBox, VMware
- Cloud computing: AWS, Openstack
- Configuration management: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
- Provisioning: Docker, Yum, Kickstart, Apt
- Build and packaging tools: Maven, Ant, RPM, Docker
- Continuous integration tools: Jenkins 2.0, Travis CI, CircleCI
- SCM tools: Git, SVN, Perforce, Mercurial
- Run Rails, Node.js, or Java application servers
- Monitoring tools: Nagios, Icinga, Graphite, Cacti
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres, CouchDB, or MongoDB
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.