This individual will be responsible for building and improving processes for project management and project planning, working across all levels and functions of the organization. The role is less about day-to-day deployment and more about establishing robust solutions and frameworks for technical teams on the ground to execute and govern their work. Stakeholders include new build, scaling and edge deployment engineering teams, facilities engineering, cabling groups, finance, procurement and space planning. A successful PM in this role will not be afraid to dive deep, ask challenging questions about complex and ambiguous activities, and get stuff done!
As an Infrastructure Delivery PM, you will:
· Serve as the key business partner working directly with global cabling/fiber teams, service business partners and other internal stakeholders (primarily engineering and operations teams).
· Interact with engineers, technicians, project managers, and sr. leaders to develop your programs.
· Analyze complex, ambiguous, and potentially escalated business issues to develop recommendations for the operations leadership team.
· Drive process change and improvement across multiple business and program teams.
· Report ad hoc, weekly, and monthly program and operating metrics.
· Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
· Communicate the status of programs with customers, stakeholders; conduct program reviews.
· BS/BA degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field, particularly telecom or networking.
· Excellent organizational skills and project tracking abilities; experience of procurement and logistics, strong focus and attention to detail; the ability to work in a very fast-paced, hectic, and energetic environment, yet able to maintain high quality standards; project/task prioritization and schedule development.
· Experience defining projects, collecting requirements and writing technical and/or functional specifications.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels.
· Experience in on-time, on-budget delivery of large complex projects.
· Ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
· Demonstrated ability to influence and develop productive working relationships with resources and dependent teams.
· Possess and end-to-end understanding in key areas that benefit the program/project.
· Experience in commercial data center, co-location environments, and/or optical transport/network environments.
· Experience with implementing network change and automating manual network tasks.
· Familiarity with Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
· MS degree in a technical discipline, MBA, or equivalent experience in an IT-related field.
· PMP, Prince2, ITIL and/or Six Sigma certifications
Job ID: 623324