Req Id: 117461
IT INFRASTRUCTURE DATA SERVICES ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT
Micron Technology, Inc. is a dynamic company that offers challenging and rewarding work opportunities. The IT Infrastructure Data Services Enterprise Architect for Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) is a key leader in transforming I&O to meet the Micron’s demanding business needs.
The primary role of this leader is to drive and build collaboration across a global team to define a vision, build strategic roadmaps, prioritize capabilities, build business cases, and mange reference architectures for a wide range of database and infrastructure data management technologies such as traditional RDBMS systems like Microsoft SQL, Oracle DBMS and RAC, and MySQL; innovative technologies like in memory databases like HANA, NoSQL databases like Mongo, and cloud and data lake PaaS solutions such as CosmosDB. You are expected to build cross-functional teams that anticipate future capabilities and innovations, stay abreast of industry trends and business needs, and actively participate in organizations to build depth and promote Micron.
- Primary architect for Infrastructure Data and Database services within I&O
- Collaborate with Senior managers for tower, but cross tower as well to enable ideas and touchpoints across the organization
- Collaborate with customers on requests for architecture (Business areas, other IT towers, I&O Sr. Managers)
- Direct POC and evaluations for technologies
- Attend conferences and create community connections with other IT teams to review current trends, etc.
- Accountable for architecture artifact accuracy (reference architectures, roadmaps, etc.) through collaboration with customers of said artifacts
- Create as-is and to-be architecture artifacts that capture current major business, application, infrastructure, and data architectures issues and future solutions
- Participate in enterprise level projects and agile teams to set architecture direction and maintain alignment
- Responsible for driving enterprise-wide technical debt retirements as well as new technology innovations
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 10+ years overall IT experience, 5+ years in a senior IT Architect role.
- Broad IT knowledge and experience working across various IT and business domains.
- Expertise in IT principles and methods (SDLC, Stage Gate, Security and Risk Mitigation).
- Experience in implementing current trends in Cloud, IoT, Big data, Manufacturing and Enterprise Business Systems.
- Strong track record using collaboration to lead and influence in a highly matrixed architecture organization.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and ability to influence and drive consensus.
- A technology visionary, yet grounded in practical business applicability
- Successful using information technology to transform the business.
- A strong background and knowledge of all levels of architecture.
- The ability to influence and affect outcomes with no direct supervision of resources.
- B.S. in MIS, C.S. or related field of study
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices. Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Information Systems and Technology || #LI-JF1 ||
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Job Segment: Data Architect, Database, Architecture, Oracle, Developer, Data, Technology, Engineering