New York, NY
Industry: Financial Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 295 days ago
ITS is part of the TD Bank Group (TDBG), one of Canada’s largestfinancial institutions. ITS designs, delivers and maintains available, adaptable, secure, and cost-effectiveinfrastructure-basedtechnology services to TD and supports the bank’s vision and strategy to be the best-run, most integrated, customer-focused,financialinstitution in areas where the bank competes.
Working with technology and business partners, ITS delivers and maintains all internal (employee facing – computers, phones, mobile, software and hardware) and external (customer facing – banking, trading and monetary vehicles supported by electronic systems) infrastructuretechnology solutions that support the bank. ITS plays a critical role by providing this computing / network foundation in support of 1600+ applications serving 22 million customers and hundreds of millions of transactions daily, and in support of the ongoing productivity and mobility of TD’s 85,000+ staff.
Infra Cloud Senior Architect willreport to Sr. Management within theInfrastructureEngineeringorganization. The accountabilities for the role include but are not limited to the following:
• Private and Public Cloud Solution Design and
• Develop and execute strategy to steer solutions
to the use of standardized design patterns
across Application, Platform and Infrastructure.
• The incumbent will require an in-depth
understanding of their business needs while
identifying and leveraging synergies across the
• Cloud Infrastructure Consulting and Adoption
Support Work with partners and team
members within Technology to provide
professional consultation services on
technology best practices, standards and
• Coordinate and lead teams to deliver solutions
focusing on Infrastructures of VMware private
cloud and Public cloud based environments,
meet SLA’s, Interface with IT, finance, audit,
business unit management and other areas of
TDBFG to ensure integrated processes,
efficient introduction of new technologies,
retirement of obsolete technologies and
support for business-led initiatives requiring
the capabilities of this infrastructure.
• Lead Design & Build IT projects, steering
cloud configurations and services towards
industry-leading security with your domain
• Strong Experience in architecture leadership
that brings together and integrates solutions
across multiple vendors (e.g. VMware NSX,
Palo Alto, ServiceNow, F5 and Cisco)
• Hybrid Cloud Infrastructures (e.g. VMware
• Ensure that all areas in the organization that
provision, deploy and support the Cloud based
technology designs have the documentation
they require to effectively execute their roles
for project delivery.
• Serve as the primary interface to governance,
compliance, and risk management teams to
ensure the system consistently meets the
requirements for certification and accreditation.
• Participate in designing and managing IT
Security with primary focus on infrastructure.
Lead security and compliance based projects.
Assist with projects involving cloud, operating
systems, applications, and database and
security issues and requirements.
• Act as thought leader, innovator and agent of
change to influence and drive Infrastructure
Engineering strategy and proactively share
knowledge with team members to further
extend team capability and service excellence.
• In depth knowledge and experience with
VMware vSphere and NSX technologies and its
upstream/downstream interaction points across
multiple platform domains and technology
• Experience in developing strategies, roadmaps
and designs for large-scale organizations.
• Extensive project experience designing
enterprise VMware Cloud environments by
implementing best practices with a focus on
server optimization, availability, functionality,
• Solid knowledge of networking, firewalls, load
balancing and storage technologies
• Strong Experience with common scripting
languages (Python, Perl)
• Infrastructure Automation experience with
• Utilize subject matter expertise to introduce
new technologies, or new versions of existing
technologies, into the organization.
• Possess clear understanding of security
protocols and standards and have experience
with software and security architectures.
• Familiar with DevOps and Agile methodology
• Exhibits comfort and maintains composure with
audiences at all levels, tailors communication s
style and delivery to different audiences, uses
effective listening skills to gain clarification from
• Uses knowledge of formal and informal policies
and organizational interconnections to
effectively navigate boundaries
• Strong influence and persuasion skills – gets
people to change position or course of action
through conversations and debate
• Work collaboratively across the ITS leadership
team to gain support, resourcing, and drive
• Build effective relationships with IT leaders
across the organization
• 10 + years’ experience as an Infrastructure
Architect/Engineer Experience and strong
understanding of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure,
• University or post-graduate degree
• The ideal candidate will have a strong academic
background (e.g., computer science, engineering)
• Strong preference for Certified Professional