Infrastructure Capacity Manager
15+ years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Roles and Responsiblities:
The Capacity Manager will provide oversight and management of all Capacity-Management-related Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), business processes to include but not limited to:
- Work with the ITSM Enterprise Process Manager to ensure Capacity Management is aligned with program, overall ITSM, and client goals, guidance, and timelines.
- Working with operations and engineering staff, assure the day-to-day compliance with Capacity process, procedures, and work instructions.
- Support review and audit of ITIL Capacity Management processes, within FISMA and CoBIT. Challenge the process and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure all Capacity Management process engineering activities follow the accepted lifecycle approved by government.
- Ensure achievement of Capacity Management related execution related SLRs and KPIs.
- Lead the alignment of program processes per client’s guideline and requirements.
- Develop and maintain formal process documents (e.g. procedures, work instructions, and diagrams), and document processes and projects (creating project reports, presentations, business cases, and diagrams).
- Resolve complex IT process related problems where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes; escalate breakdowns in the process by asking the right questions and identify/ involve the right stakeholders to correct breakdowns.
- Perform and execute Capacity Management processes and procedures, as and when necessary.
- Coach and train program staff on Capacity Management processes, performance targets, and goals.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in managing and developing IT processes and supporting tools.
- Demonstrated experience with applying and managing tasks associated with ITIL Capacity Management, in at least one technology area: virtualization, storage, and network.
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification required.
- At least one ITIL intermediate certification is desired, preferably Service Design (SD) or Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO).
- Strong MS Excel skills required.
- Ability to develop or guide the development of tools using MS Access or SQL Server.
- Demonstrated experience ensuring IT processes are meeting service level agreement requirements.
- Demonstrated dedication and ability to ensure capacity (predictive) and resolve capacity issues (reactive).
- A BA or equivalent + 15 yrs related experience, or MA + 13 yrs related experience