The Infrastructure Automation Engineer works at the highest systems level to provide automation and integration to infrastructure services that are complex in nature. Provide technical leadership to cross functional teams in the design, development and integration of infrastructure automation solutions into the TD Ameritrade environment. Prepare status and informational reports for presentation to senior management. Create, research and development of new automation solutions and product offerings for infrastructure services. Perform analysis and value stream mapping of existing processes for the development of improved automation. Guide development and documentation automation standards for use by the organization. Technologies in scope for this work are middleware, database, OS, virtualization, PaaS and IaaS. The role requires that the individual be a consensus builder that works to align Systems Engineering strategy and design with TDA Architectural guidelines, application strategy and business goals. Standardizing process and documentation across system engineering.
- Programmatically manage infrastructure
- Work with a group of infrastructure automation engineers to develop automation for infrastructure services
- Develop and maintain infrastructure automation services
- Create API interface for infrastructure components
- Provide best practice and design framework for automation
- Automate infrastructure manual task for scale and efficiency
- BS/BA, (Education may be substituted for increased years in experience on a year-for-year basis).
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Extensive infrastructure programming experience with deep understanding of infrastructure
- Working knowledge of multiple infrastructures technologies – Hardware, Configuration Tools (Puppet, Ansible, salt ...), Operating Systems, network, storage, firewall, security
- Out-of-the-box thinker driven to lower costs using conventional/non-conventional solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent people skills with ability to handle difficult personnel situations.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies and processes.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and define automated system installation/configuration procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them towards automation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Should have an understanding of current industry trends and their advantages with ability to right fit into an existing environment.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience within e-commerce or financial services industry preferred.
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.