As an Automation Engineer, you will be part of the Infrastructure Automation, DevOps, and RPA team within the IT Department. You will collaborate with a team of Automation engineers based in Boise, Taiwan, and India to automate the infrastructure processes wherever possible to reduce manual process steps and ensure reliable and repeatable results. The team's goals are to provide end to end service automation, orchestration and service delivery.
In this position you will:
- Participate in requirements meetings with key partners across Micron's infrastructure service delivery and architecture teams.
- Design and implement an automated solution, process, and /or workflows
- Develop a keen understanding of automation technological trends and use the knowledge to participate in technical and business analysis sessions to understand requirements and convert those requirements into technical solutions.
- You will be part of Automation team which uses following technologies to automate Infrastructure and Robotic processes :PowerShell, System Center Orchestrator developing runbooks for disconnected processing, Microsoft System Center Orchestrator, consumption of REST API, Windows, Unix, and VMWare, Networking\DNS, Windows system administration, VMware administration, Shell scripting (bash, ksh, csh), VMWare build automation - VM Build and patching
- Use data visualization, prototyping/ mockup tools, process flow diagrams tools (Visio) to demonstrate meaningful information to build awareness.
- Closely work with multi-functional teams and including Infrastructure teams, LOBs, Engineering teams to understand the automation needs.
- Assist Quality Assurance and business partners during the testing phases of projects as needed.
- Writing and reviewing QA and UAT test scripts.
You will be successful in this role if you are:
- Passionate towards programming, problem solving, learning new technologies.
- New college grad with strong computer science background.
- Possess a high level of organizational and multitasking skills
- Able to analyze and clearly communicate business requirements as a key input to the development process.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the customer always in mind
- Ambitious with a high regard for collaboration
- Attention to detail and the ability to work in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to an always changing situation
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge in Agile Scrum and Project Management is a plus.
- Bachelor or Master degree in: Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Information Systems, Computer Science
- Cloud, network, or system admin related certifications a plus.