- The Engineering Development Solutions team is accountable for creating and supporting the ongoing improvement of Infrastructure delivery management capabilities through application development, data management, and process automation. As an Infrastructure Developer, you will work to rapidly and effectively develop solutions through code that add real value for our organization. This position will focus on development of internal tools related to our continuous integration infrastructure in support of our development team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver high quality, tested and secure code adhering to the standard ICE processes
- Communicate and collaborate to promote transparency and visibility across the entire software development lifecycle, both within the team and across the organization.
- Use a range of architectures, tools and frameworks to automate internal processes
- Work closely with internal and external teams to understand business and functional requirements to develop automation, requirements and deliverables
- Takes initiative, detail oriented, and demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least three years of software development experience in a commercial environment
- Experience with interacting and coding against APIs
- Some experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- An understanding of database schemas, relational data design theory, and must be proficient in database and web development.
- Infrastructure provisioning tools (such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, CloudFormation, Terraform) is a plus
- Top-tier analytics and problem solving
- Ability to work in a service-oriented team environment
- Customer focused, and dedicated to the best possible user experience
- Detail oriented and demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Project Management, organization, and time management
- Requires theoretical and analytical skills, with demonstrated ability in planning and operations in complicated projects with dozens of dependent variables.
- 3+ years of experience with any of the following technologies:
- Linux or Windows administration
- Scripting and programming languages (Ruby-on-rails, PowerShell, Python, Golang, etc)
- Understand continuous integration, delivery tools and concepts
Competencies are the skills and behaviors that are critical both to your personal performance and to ICE’s continued success. The core competencies apply to every member of staff working for ICE.
- Offers time and/or assistance to colleagues; is widely regarded and respected as someone to go to for help
- Fosters friendly and cooperative relationships with others; colleagues enjoy working with the
- Shares knowledge and mentors staff; works to develop others’ knowledge as well as own
- Gives and shares credit as appropriate
- Contributes to recruiting and training efforts of others, including candidate referrals, job interviews and mentoring
- Attends and participates in company and department level functions inside and outside of the office
Problem-Solving & Decision-Making
- Demonstrates an understanding of the urgent nature of our business and the need to proactively find and fix problems quickly and effectively takes ownership and follows through on decisions; doesn’t minimize or forget about problems
- Determines and fixes root causes rather than just treating symptoms
- Applies novel techniques to solve problems that are more ambiguous; challenges long-held beliefs when necessary
- Quickly and effectively identifies alternative solutions and the pros/cons of each; confirms that a proposed solution has no unintended consequences
- Takes steps to mitigate risk
- Consults with colleagues and recommends solutions based on the best interests of customers and shareholders, even when the opinion is unpopular
- Actively listens and speaks to, not over, others
- Uses clear and constructive language orally and in writing
- Communicates important developments to the relevant and appropriate audiences in a timely and consistent manner
- Asks follow-up questions to ensure all points are understood
- Takes time to objectively listen to all viewpoints before forming an opinion
- Builds consensus among differing views
Professionalism & Integrity
- Makes a positive impression; represents the company well on the phone and in person, including maintaining attire and appearance that is consistent with company image and appropriate for employee’s role
- Models a ‘can-do’ attitude and takes initiative as a self-starter; inspires and motivates others to do the same
- Embraces, rather than resists, additional responsibilities
- Refrains from office gossip; settles rather than creates conflict with and between others
- Exhibits desired work habits including regular office hours and extra hours when necessary while minimizing breaks and non-work related activities
- Adheres to all corporate policies; makes prudent use of company resources