Be a part of the Technology team -- Be a strategic leader in cutting edge Healthcare technology.
Humana is seeking a Technical Architect who will: perform design and maintenance tasks including installation, customization, documentation, debugging and performance tuning on complex projects with system-wide ramifications. You will also act as an area expert on special projects, assisting with the adoption of new technology and creating and refining best-practices.
• Oversee the administration of Humana’s enterprise server and virtualization infrastructures, performing upgrades when necessary, monitoring system performance and completing capacity planning
• Guide all aspects of core server and virtual infrastructures
• Create and maintain team standards and strategy for special projects involving server and virtual technologies
• Develop and manage configuration management processes
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
• 5+ years of experience with UNIX or Linux system administration, integration, or development
• Technical knowledge and experience with a large Windows and Linux server environments
• Technical knowledge and experience with a large VMware and/or Microsoft virtual environments
• Thorough understanding of DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP Networking
• Working knowledge on how different storage technologies work (Fiber SAN Storage and Network Attached Storage)
• Experience working with HP and Cisco UCS servers and blade solutions
• Knowledge of enterprise solutions and architectures, e.g. cloud, virtualization, storage, networking, clustering, and high availability.
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), VMware VCP, or ITIL certifications are a plus.
You will report to a Technology Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer.