Summary of Responsibilities:
The position is responsible for leading the definition and deployment of solution architectures, conducting the analysis of alternative architectures, creating architectural standards, defining processes to ensure conformance to standards and promoting a clear and consistent architectural vision. The Infrastructure Architect V will develop the IT technology plan including the discovery, strategy, design and engineering of IT technology to provide a secured, robust, reliable and efficient infrastructure. The enterprise depends upon this position to have extensive knowledge of technology trends in order to support current and future enterprise opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Lead project efforts for tool evaluations and prototype solutions.
- Interface with management on a regular basis to establish project priorities and to resolve systems development issues.
- Assist in the monthly performance analysis and responsibility reporting activities as required.
- Oversee the evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards, and the design of standard configurations.
- Prepare and present cost analysis for hardware and software solution components for the development, test, staging and production environments.
- Articulate key aspects of architecture and design (e.g., scalability, availability, manageability, robustness, appropriate incorporation of new technology) through models, documentation, and reference architectures.
- Interview technical and business teams to gather relevant information to facilitate architectural requirements definitions.
- Provide architecture governance over the architectural design stages of projects.
- *Provide production support for middleware applications.
- Promote use of reusable and shareable services.
- Work with the development team to refine the solution architecture and interface with the development team to resolve functional and technical issues as systems are developed.
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings to insure open and clear communication.
- Be responsible for the coordination of the Information Systems functions with other areas including Computer Operations, Quality Assurance, Security, Information Technology, Auditing and User Management.
- Be responsible for middleware software including upgrades and maintenance.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading infrastructure, security, database and operating system and hardware teams.
- Project management experience.
- Experience in creating and maintaining fault tolerant environments.
- WebSphere Portal and Web Application Server technology (WebSphere, Tomcat, etc) knowledge.
- Cognos, Linux, Java, and MQ knowledge.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- WebSphere, Tomcat: 2years
- Cognos, Linux, Java, and MQ knowledge: 2years
- Leading infrastructure, security, database, OS, and HW teams: 5years