Position Overview The exciting, fast growing PLM division of Siemens is actively recruiting for Professional Services Infrastructure Architects. As a Siemens Professional Services Infrastructure Architect, you will build a strong relationship with customers and work with them to implement their vision. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, technical leadership skills, process improvement skills as well as Teamcenter PLM installation, administration, and upgrade skills. As part of the Professional Services team, you will work with Consultants, Solution Architects, Project Managers, Industry Experts and Product Development teams to ensure project and customer success. Responsibilities
- Understand and demonstrate how Siemens PLM services will impact and integrate with customers’ initiatives, business drivers to deliver value.
- Leverage industry best practices and templates for the Siemens PLM Software solution delivered to provide customer value.
- Lead project activities to conduct system performance reviews and define configuration settings for optimal system performance.
- Analyze and translate infrastructure requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms to achieve business objectives.
- Design the Deployment Architecture and determine infrastructure hardware sizing aligned with the customer strategy, roadmap, IT policies, and standards.
- Define activities to analyze, tune and monitor customer environments for optimal performance and stability for SPLM products.
- Comprehend customization / software extension points of SPLM products and determine the impact of customization on the hardware infrastructuredesign.
- Provide advice and support for appropriate go live and post production activities utilizing SPLM Best Practices.
- Support project management activities to control scope, cost, schedule and quality.
- Communicate project processes, progress by interacting with the customer to support customer expectations and support customer adoption.
- Implementation of the overall Teamcenter PLM Solution, which includes installation and upgrade activities, as well as integration with other software applications.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Technology or equivalent knowledge of PLM.
- Working knowledge of the following: UNIX, LINUX, Windows Servers, heterogeneous network environments, virtualized hardware environments, web servers, cloud computing, automation scripting, proxy server, SSL, SSO, Java EE and .NET web tier, Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases.
- Good communication skills at various levels throughout an organization.
- Travel: On average 50% of the time
- Los Angeles, CA
- Cypress, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Denver, CO
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- Phoenix, AZ
- Salt Lake City, UT
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Multiple years implementing Teamcenter solutions or similar products, such as Enovia, ePMD, Windchill, Aras Innovator or Agile.
- Previous experience with Enterprise PLM, ERP or MES implementations.
Specifically in the set up and maintenance of test and production
environments, as well as promote to production activities.
- Experience leading a group of consultants during a software implementation.
- Multiple years working in a customer facing environment.
Requisition Number: 223245