The Infrastructure Technical Architect is an individual contributor responsible for defining, standardizing and governing technology and securityarchitecture for key ACA IT and Digital Business initiatives
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure alignment of technology solutions to business objectives through to implementation.
- Assists business systems analysts to produce non-functional requirements for systems development initiatives where needed.
- Recommend technology improvements or corrections to improve performance of operational systems
- Participate in technology vendor solution and system overview sessions and selection
- Perform technical architecture analysis of new and existing systems
- Work with Enterprise Architects to produce future state architectures and transition architectures
- Create line of sight from applications, services and data stores to technical infrastructure components
- Maintain ACA Technology catalog
- Collaborate internally to develop scaleable, maintainable, consistent, highly available storage and virtualization architectures that meet business objectives and set relevant service-level agreements
- Produce technology / infrastructurearchitecture drawings
- Design and implement redundant systems and policies for disaster recovery and archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of appliances and stored data assets.
- Collaborate with Server, Storage & Network Teams to gather metrics to show trends of current technology solutions
- Oversight for capacity planning
- Maintain relationship between configuration management database and EA repository
- Maintain relationship between technologyasset management system and EA repository
- Develop reference architectures on Middleware, ECM and CRM based technologies
- Collaborate closely with business, solution, information and enterprise architects
- Collaborate with PMO to produce sample technologyarchitecture deliverables to help guide the creation of future project deliverables.
- Ensure technology solutions comply with ACA compliance and risk management policies
- Work with vendor management (VMO) to ensure third party technology solutions comply with ACA policies and standards
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Information Management or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years architecture experience
- Previous role as systems or network engineer or systems developer
- Experience architecting infrastructure technology solutions, enterprise storage, archival/backup, and DRP systems with a broad spectrum of virtual and storage technologies.
- Experience provisioning virtualized infrastructures – Cloud, Hybrid and other patterns
- Experience with Mobility based systems and architectures
- Excellent knowledge of SAN, NAS, DAS, RAID, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, tape, clustering, encryption, content-addressable storage, converged infrastructure, hyper converged, and technologies from Dell, EMC, HP, and IBM vendors
- Strong systems integration experience – middleware, SOA etc.
- Securityarchitectureexperience including capabilities like Identity and Access Management at enterprise levels
- Experience ensuring systems and processes comply with PCI / PII and other industry regulatory standards
- Knowledge of change management systems, applicable data retention practices and laws, and developing and submitting storage audits and compliance reports to governing bodies, legal entities, and/or other external authorities
- Proven analytical, strategic vision drawing on strong problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with Enterprise systems modeling with tools like Visio.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills, and excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to conduct research into storage issues, standards, and products.
- Ability to conceive solutions from elaboration of requirements
- Ability to maintain composure and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Windows and the Internet
- Must be a self-motivator while actively participating in a team environment
- Ability to mentor others
- Experience facilitating solution sessions
- Assist with vendor RFP processes where needed
- Experience with systems integration and service oriented architecture models.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture Methods like TOGAF, FEA, Gartner with a classification scheme like Zachman
- TOGAF 9 with Technology Reference Models and IIIRM
- Experience with Mobile Device Management and Digital Loss Prevention technology solutions
- Experience with EA tool like Mega, Troux or Software AG – Alfabet
- ISO 27000 series experience
- Connectivity experience with Internet of Things (IoT) devices
- Process experience – Lean, ITIL, Six Sigma etc.
- Experience in Financial Systems is highly desirable– Loan Origination, Underwriting, Funding or Servicing
- Experience with Message Oriented Middleware like BizTalk on MS Platform
- Experience with CRM platforms like Salesforce
- Experience with ECM platforms like OnBase, SharePoint
- Experience leveraging Enterprise Architecture Repositories for storage and retrieval of solution building blocks.