PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
Technical expert accountable for the architecture, design, standards/roadmaps, and projects for identity & authentication technologies. Accountable for delivering a comprehensive set of engineering services including: requirements definition, architecture, design, vendor product selection & integration, level-4 implementation and operational support escalation, problem management, and the creation of in-depth documentation and training materials. Research and development of vendor products and code releases, lab driven proof-of-concept analysis and testing, production planning, installation procedure construction, and disaster recovery planning. This position advises Senior Leadership on long-range Authentication Technology capabilities and leads technical efforts in the development of strategies and associated execution plans. Functions as a technology leader for Abbott advising on industry trends.
Scope includes Identity & Authentication Technologies (e.g.; Active Directory, PKI, Cloud Authentication, SailPoint, Certificate Authorities, Radius, LDAP, SAML, M&A Integration, Migration and Divestiture, etc.). Solution design to include application integration with the infrastructure ensuring the application functions and performs as required.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Defines, plans and designs innovative precedent-setting identity & authentication infrastructure solutions, including integrated financial analysis of technical alternatives across technology disciplines to meet business requirements. Successfully negotiates technical design and deployment strategy with divisional clients. Develops TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) for recommended solution.
- Leads the effort that designs and defines enterprise architecture standards in field of expertise. Secures approval of the global infrastructurearchitecture board. Works with management team to develop vision, mission and long-term strategy of the technology architecture.
- Serves as the cross-platform technical subject matter expert and provides consulting support to architects in BTS IT, Division IT, and end-user organizations.
- Drives technical enterprise projects that span multiple BTS services and also has software/application engineering implications. Establishes criteria and performs technology evaluations including lab analysis and proof of concept, along with supporting analysis and documentation.
- Engages suppliers to influence their products and services in directions favorable to Abbott. Typically interacts with product development, engineering and product management.
- Participates in the development of Abbott's IT Strategy, produces technical position papers and delivers design recommendations that span enterprise infrastructure/application deployments.
- Mentors and instructs the comprehensive BTS technical community and provides the intellectual bridge to corollary technical disciplines.
- Chair multi-discipline design or problem resolution sessions.
- Directly interfaces with and develops identity & authentication solutions for specialty organizations that demand extraordinary IT solutions.
- Distills industry trends, establishes technical infrastructure vision, provides technical implications/risk to management across IT, cybersecurity and finance.
- Works with the Security Architecture team is instrumental in the development of Abbott Security policies as applicable to theinfrastructureenvironment.
- Accountable for awareness of technology trends and the determination/execution of global strategies that satisfy the business-critical reliance that Abbott is increasingly placing on its infrastructure to host applications.
- Directly impacts the operation and profitability of every division through their reliance on the infrastructure to provide access to data and Abbott’s Enterprise and Business critical applications globally.
- Demonstrated mastery of the concepts and theory of infrastructure. Demonstrated knowledge across data network disciplines, computing platforms, network-based technologies, and applications. Demonstrated ability to evaluate and assess emerging technologies and estimate impact on the existing infrastructure.
- Provides technical thought leadership within the BTS technical community. Provides cross-discipline leadership to arrive at mutually-agreeable solutions to business needs.
- Addresses technically complex, less-well-defined conceptual issues and delivers technology solutions that span the comprehensive IT organization.
- Researches, designs and develops new systems technologies that could provide Abbott a competitive advantage. Manages technology programs at the enterprise level.
- Acts independently to achieve organization objectives, uncover, and resolve issues. Recommends technical programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- Demonstrates a strong customer-centric approach, an empathy for global cultural differences, and excellent communications skills.
- Responsible forTechnology evaluations. Establishes evaluation criteria for the Formal Technical Review Board methodology to recommend Abbott Standards. Actively participates in the establishment of IT Strategies and theyearly refresh.
Minimum Experience/Training Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in a technology discipline
- 8+ years of Identity and Authentication Technologyexperience
- 3+ years IT experience in regulated large, enterprise, with multi-location data centers.
- CISSP or other security certification is a plus
- Microsoft technology certification is a plus