Provides thought leadership with in-depth experience, knowledge and keen understanding of new and legacy Microsoft virtualization and Cloud technologies service delivery methods along with knowledge in security and compliance related to the field. Designs, architects, implements and delivers end to end solutions that result in realization of value critical to individual and company success. Supports Logicalis Enterprise Cloud and customer owned Microsoft virtualization and Cloud environments and provides technical leadership to Tier III engineering staff as member of Logicalis’ 24x7x365 operations team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and architect data center and Microsoft services to meet client and Logicalis needs; spans traditional on premise to Cloud solutions. across Virtualization and Cloud offerings and incorporates Microsoft security disciplines.
- Maintains current knowledge of core service offerings and SLAs and understands all Logicalis service offerings to better support clients as well as expanding any service offerings to current clients.
- Provides service leadership, creates and updates service descriptions, delivery models, and updates Logicalis’ pricing tool to reflect effective pricing models.
- Provides technical leadership; acts as technical resource and mentor to team.
- Develops, defines, documents and implements operational and security related standards, policies, processes and frameworks.
- Identifies, tests, evaluates, operationalizes and documents Microsoft and related solutions and services.
- Performs routine studies, environment reviews and analysis for enhancing processes and resiliency to increase efficiency and productivity of operations teams, technologies and environments.
- Collects statistical information to monitor growth; reports and recommends action to management.
- Maintains knowledge of new and evolving Microsoft technologies defining delivery of services both Virtual and Cloud including defined data center technologies and management tools (asset and configuration, patch management).
- Oversees vendor management.
- Defines Scopes of Work and Bills of Material.
- Conducts and participates in Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management processes.
- Supports escalated issues; coordinates communications between operations staff; supports staff to resolve complex issues.
- Understands Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and follows predefined ITIL incident, request, problem and change management processes.
- Tracks time utilization using Logicalis standard tooling.
- Contributes to and maintains an innovation and improvement register to targeting quality, cost, performance, and reducing risk.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equivalent combination accepted.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Experience / Technical Requirements
- 7 years of experience in Microsoft technologies including infrastructure migrations, troubleshooting, implementation with strong experience in the following areas:
- Active Directory - experience with upgrades and migrations, advanced experience with GPOs, experience with AAD Connect and ADFS. Group policy management. Organizational Unit Management.
- Exchange 2010 and higher; Hybrid Exchange.
- Office 365, specifically Exchange Online.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher.
- Scripting skills including PowerShell.
- Strong DNS/DHCP understanding.
- Design and consulting experience focused on Microsoft solutions.
- Virtualization Design experience:
- VSphere - ESXI
- VMware VSAN
- VMware vSphere-vCenter
- vSphere Server Recover Manage
- Hyper converged technologies
- 3 years of experience in one or more of the following:
- Azure – VMs, RMS, MFA, and AAD
- Amazon AWS
- EBS Snapshots
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2-AMI)
- Simple Storage Services (S3)
- Site Recovery
- Virtual Machines
- Additional technologies:
- Citrix; Virtual Applications and Desktops
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office applications.
One or more of the following:
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)