We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Technology Services (STS) is responsible for Schwab's development and use of information technology, including all client and business, telecommunications, management and operations technologies. Our work supports and spans every line of business within Schwab. From our web site to wireless, call centers to branches, STS demonstrates leadership through innovative solutions and superior technology that provide our clients with world-class service. The Schwab Infrastructure Architecture (IA) team within STS drives Infrastructure Technology Strategy, Infrastructure Solutions Design, and Infrastructure Technology Development and Innovation. Our team on thrives on difficult challenges involving large scale critical customer facing technology which powers the best financial services products in the market. We match technological elegant solutions with efficient processes to position the enterprise to be in the best position to serve our customers; and be more competitive against other investment options. We believe that the right motivated and skilled individuals are the best complements to an effective team; and that these are the necessary components of success.
What you’ll do:
In this position the IT Infrastructure Architect will participate in the larger IA community but focus on Infrastructure Solutions that support Schwab applications. They will collaborate with application development teams and project managers to understand the infrastructure requirements and use cases of a portfolio of applications and design and lead deployment of these designs. Candidates must have an extensive and broad understanding of both Infrastructure and Application development disciplines; they should be comfortable collaborating on deep technology intense topics, analyzing economic efficiency, and planning execution of distributed and disparate delivery partners. The successful individual must be able to rapidly assimilate IT technology concepts and their application in the Charles Schwab context. This position will be deeply involved and a key focal in IT transformation initiatives, systems optimization projects and to provide direct influence on technology strategy and direction for the technology infrastructure service organization. An immediate project for this position will be driving planning and coordinating Disaster Recovery and impacts on Datacenter Strategy and migration.
What you have:
- Extensive experience leading and developing infrastructure focused solutions to support application deployments
- Strong understanding and experience with a variety of infrastructure technologies: Server, Storage, Virtualization, Networking, Security, Database, Platforms, Web, Windows and Linux, etc…
- Strong understanding or experience with application development teams and methodologies, including: SCM, Agile, Scrum, RUP, QM Processes, etc..
- Strong understanding and experience leading and developing strategy for Data Center Migrations, Data Center Facilities Planning, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Strong communication skills to work both in a highly collaborative ad hoc environment and formally in structured communications, emails, and formal presentations
- Strong leadership abilities to work both within the technology organization and with external business partners and consumers to achieve and measure IT business objectives
- Extensive process management creation and maturity experience within a Service Management organization
- Extensive ROI and Business Case development experience
- Experience working with standard multi-tier platform architectures .NET, Java, DBMS, Mainframe and file and object based architectures.
- Experience in developing IT Strategy roadmaps, financial analysis budgeting and planning
- Working knowledge of industry technology standards, compliance activities and experience working with audit and regulatory bodies useful.
- Vendor management experience and ability to lead large multi business groups and vendors through extensive Proof of Concept exercises.
- Ability to leverage existing standard services and work with engineering teams to architect custom solutions as appropriate to meet business need
- 10+ Years’ Experience in IT Strategy and Technology Service Management
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life