ITG is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Devops infrastructure engineer to join our Webadmin team.
Infrastructure application support engineer will focus on the implementation of a Devops framework for application deployment and management at the firm and will be responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement.
The role will encompass the use of a broad range of cloud technologies, operating systems (Linux, Windows, Solaris), VMware platform, application environments (Apache, IIS, FTP, load balancers, SOCKS) and deployment & automation tools (Ansible, Openshift, Docker, Jenkins), with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles.
Here at ITG, technology is our middle name. Literally. With nearly half of our staff working in technology roles, our technologists empower our business to provide best-in-class service to our clients around the world. From conceptualizing ideas to bringing them to market, ITG engineers work alongside our business units to build technology for institutional traders that enables them to improve returns for investors.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing production system and services, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Participate simultaneously in day to day responsibilities while completing project oriented deliverables
- Participate in various projects related to design and implementation of new and/or existing infrastructureSuggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products
- Assist in building out ITGs Configuration management system
- Assist application development teams in implementing devops framework for application deployments
WHAT YOU BRING WITH YOU:
- BS in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in RedHat Linux configuration and administration
- 5+ years of experience with Apache, nginx or equivalent webservers
- Demonstrated experience as a DevOps Engineer, including automation experience with configuration management, automation tools such as Ansible, puppet
- Prior experience with Openshift, Docker is a significant advantage
- Proven ability with system monitoring tools (Nagios, OP5), Splunk as well as demonstrated experience administering version control systems
- Strong scripting (e.g. Python, Perl, Jinja2 or other) and automation skills
- Proactive approach and ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
- Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies
- Experience with Load balancers, network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP)