We’ve recently created an infrastructure / operations team and we are actively seeking talented candidates to build it out. You’ll be an early team member whose contributions will make impactful improvements to the whole engineering organization. You’ll be working with industry veterans who have scaled production websites and API services to millions of page views and tens of millions of API requests per day. The role spans multiple disciplines and technologies, all while keeping a focus on infrastructure and operations. On any given day you could find yourself continuing to improve our automated builds on AWS, upgrading our deploy process, writing data mining jobs for the Analytics team, or a variety of other tasks related to keeping our infrastructure healthy, secure and redundant.
- Linux administration experience (2+ years required, preferably with a Debian based OS)
- DataStores (MariaDB/Galera, Redis, S3, Solr)
- Languages (Scala/functional, solid scripting experience in Python/Ruby/etc)
- Security (Suricata, OSSEC, IAM/AWS, Linux best practices)
- Configuration Management (SaltStack)
- Monitoring (Cloudwatch, Lambda, Percona Toolkit)
- Other (Containers i.e. Docker/Kubernetes, Nginx, EC2 and other AWS services, ETL processes, Google Analytics)
Who You Are
- An inquisitive engineer who is willing to share your knowledge freely with others and be equally as willing to learn from others.
- You are excited and / or knowledgeable about some of the Desired Skills list above, which is not exhaustive.
- You are a self starter, whose interest does not lay in a single technical area, and are willing to jump into different technologies to expand your knowledge base.
- You have technical opinions and are willing to put those in the mix when the team is brainstorming solutions.
- You enjoy working with other teams in a cross functional capacity.
- You are in the Boston area or willing to relocate. This is an on-site position.
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- No financial industry knowledge required
- Above all, you care greatly about the work you produce, ensuring what you ship is solid, secure and tested.