This person performs a variety of IT infrastructure administration and support tasks, including analyzing, constructing, documenting, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting of network switching and routing, firewalls, load balancers, Windows and Linux servers supporting the organization. Performs a variety of project tasks and requires excellent communications skills with the ability to work with users diplomatically and skillfully. Exercises judgment and decision making in the diagnosis and resolution of technical issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Oildex networkinfrastructure in all office and co-location facilities, including Cisco and Arista switches, Fortinet, Cisco and Palo Alto Networks firewalls, Mist and Ubiquiti WiFi infrastructure
- Manage and maintain VPN (SSL and IPSEC) and SD-WAN connectivity, support
- Manage ISP and telephony services at all Oildex sites (Fiber Ethernet, coaxial cable, DSL, T1, SIP trunking)
- Participate on team responsible for maintaining Windows server and Active Directory infrastructure (DNS, DHCP, GPO, AD Sync, DFS)
- Support hosted server infrastructure on Dell PowerEdge rack and blade servers
- Assists in ensuring that enterprise-wide standards are met
- Provides technical support to local users and remote teams
- Assists in the support and maintenance of local and remote office infrastructure
- Interfaces with vendors and service providers
- Intermediate technical and analytical skills and basic knowledge of current technology where consistent with industry standards
- Keeps abreast of new technology products, services, and software
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting public-facing production environments
- Expertise supporting switching and routing platforms
- Comfortable with supporting a variety of vendor technologies
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Cacti, Nagios, SolarWinds Orion, etc.
- Must be dependable with a great work ethic, demonstrated initiative, ownership of issues, and exceptional attitude.
- Highly flexible, adaptable, and able to deal with a rapidly growing company atmosphere.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective working on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Effective interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to leverage technical skills in the achievement of team objectives
- Able to effectively engage on a variety of clearly defined processes requiring an established approach for resolution
- Effective relationship building and management
- Able to work autonomously and within team structures of varying sizes
- Dependable with a great work ethic, demonstrated initiative, ownership of issues, and exceptional attitude
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university, technical program or equivalent relevant experience
Oildex is transforming the way oil and gas companies manage their financial operations. Over 250 operators, 67,000 suppliers, dozens of financial institutions and millions of mineral rights owners in North America use the Oildex Network to seamlessly and securely collaborate across their financial supply chains, automate key business processes, eliminate the high cost and errors of paper, and obtain access to key data to make more informed business decisions.
- We offer a positive, casual, and flexible work environment.
- The Company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with major offices in Calgary, Alberta, Houston, Texas, and Austin, Texas. This position will be located in our Denver or Austin location.
- Oildex is committed to providing equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Transzap is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity, status as a veteran, basis disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.