We are building an Infotainment platform software team which is tasked with two critical roles: co-developing software that will run GM’s next generation infotainment system, and developing the talent and tools necessary to allow GM to take ownership of the resulting software stack. This team is solely responsible for developing and maintaining GM’s entire infotainment software platform. We are looking for engineers with a very solid knowledge in developing RTOS or Android software solutions who are interested in applying their experience to delivering high quality software for future automotive Infotainment systems.
- Contribute as designer and developer to building and integrating Linux and Android components into an RTOS based infotainment solutions for automotive consumer devices.
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of the assigned domain, including requirements, system design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the infotainment software.
- Participate in the design of a best-in-class in-vehicle platform for GM infotainment systems.
- Follow our software development process where quality comes first and ensure that the designed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security.
- Ensure communication “bridge” between various internal and external technical teams to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs, refine system requirements, and identify innovation opportunities.
- Work on new feature development, as well as maintenance of existing features and bug fixes
- Collaborate with team members in software development activities using the Scrum/Agile development process.
- Provide clear and complete documentation
Additional Job Description
- 3+ years in Software Development in related domains
- Bachelors degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- Strong experience and expertise in Android native and Java framework, especially around application framework and/or multimedia/graphics stack troubleshooting
Professional Experience in:
- Board bring up projects including boot loaders
- System performance profiling and optimization across Linux, Android and RTOS systems, including using tools like Bootchart, ftrace, and strace
- Debugging complex existing code base in C, C++ and Java
- Scripting languages such as shell and Python
- Scrum/Agile software development process and SCM tools like Git, Gerrit, OpenGrok
- Prior experience with vehicle infotainment systems, CAN networks, and thermal/power management
- Experience with automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices
- History of success in Android internals and framework development
- Masters degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering