Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
We are building an Infotainment platform software team which is tasked with two critical roles: co-developing the software that will run GM’s next generation infotainment system, and developing the talent and tools necessary to allow GM to take ownership of the resulting software stack. This team is solely responsible for developing and maintaining GM’s entire infotainment software platform. We are looking for engineers with a very solid knowledge in developing RTOS or Android software solutions who are interested in applying their experience to delivering high quality software for future automotive Infotainment systems.
- Contribute to technical design and implements platform core features on RTOS-based infotainment solutions for automotive consumer devices.
- Contributes to technical discussion with other components teams, suppliers and architectural team.
- Performs complex design analysis across multiple components
- Performs as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned component
- Provide, communicate, and support common best practices among software group
- Provide estimate for work items for project milestones planning
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of software development process, including requirements analysis, design, development, code review, integration, and maintenance of the infotainment software.
- Follow agile software development process where quality comes first and ensure that the designed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security.
- Work on multiple release branches in parallel with competing priorities and across multiple geographical teams.
Additional Job Description
- 8+ years in Software Development on Linux or QNX.
- Advanced-Expert programming and debugging skills with C, C++/11/14, and unit test framework such as Google Test
- Experienced with development tools and IDE such as Eclipse, git, gerrit, Jenkins, Parasoft, etc.
- Practices object-oriented design and analysis using test-driven development and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to navigate and debug through complex existing code base in C, C++ and Java
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Application performance profiling and optimization to address latency, memory leaks, etc on QNX.
- Familiar with scripting languages such as shell and Python or ability to learn and understand existing code.
- Prior experience with Android based vehicle infotainment systems and CAN network.
- Experience with automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices is a plus
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree.