Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to "Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks." As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
The IT Specialist is responsible for maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting and repairing personal computer systems, hardware, software, computer peripherals, network, and AV equipment. IT Specialist candidates need critical thinking, problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as diverse experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity. Selected candidates may be required to provision and maintain mobile devices (NIPR, SIPR and Gray) and other handheld communication devices (radios). Requires knowledge of AV/VTC hardware, software and network connections. Requires experience setting up, maintaining and troubleshooting AV equipment (displays, microphones, sound boards etc.).
- Provide administration of network and communications systems, including, but not limited to Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems.
- Assist employees via remote access, phone, or in person.
- Terminate, test and troubleshoot secure/non-secure voice, video, data and radio frequency cable infrastructure.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining desktop and laptop PCs, mobile devices and peripherals, such as printers
- Installing and configuring application and operating system software and upgrades
- Multiple device configuration including personal device support and configuration
- Removing old equipment and performing data migration to new machines
- Installing, maintaining, and assessing current and future telecommunications systems and equipment
- Installing new cable/fibre. Terminating and testing new cable/fibre. Testing and troubleshooting faulty cable/fibre
- Installing operating system software, patches, and upgrades
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, software, and networking issues
- Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, and monitoring operating system software and hardware
- Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN performance, connectivity and related network problems
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining VTC endpoints
Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and network connectivity issues.Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
- CCNA Routing and Switching OR Microsoft 365 Certified Modern Desktop Administrator
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- Climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Shift Work may be required to support operations. It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.