The IT Project Manager is responsible for providing project management for medium to large-scale campus information technology projects. Responsibilities include project planning and organization, coordination, facilitation, monitoring, communication, and documentation. The Project Manager will provide leadership and direction for project teams comprised of technical and non-technical people during all phases of the project lifecycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and document the project concept
- Develop and maintain the project schedule
- Organize, manage, and lead the project team
- Coordinate and schedule the use of resources
- Assign tasks to staff allocated to the project
- Monitor the work of the project resources
- Facilitate the resolution of project issues and risks
- Ensure consistent and effective communication among interested parties
- Maintain detailed project artifacts throughout the project lifecycle
- Report progress and issues to management, stakeholders, and executive sponsors
- Evaluate and monitor project results and develop post-completion recommendations
- Provide a team focus on client satisfaction
- Manage the project budget and report progress or issues to management, stakeholders, and executive sponsors
- Analyze business requirements to understand and optimize key business processes and develop business cases for technology solutions
- Uphold and abide by Campbell University policies and procedures, including, but not limited to; Title IX, Information Security, HIPAA, FERPA, and other state and federal mandates
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years’ experience in technical project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Project management professional (PMP), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), and/or IT certification such as ITIL or Six Sigma desired
- Experience in the higher education or non-profit sector desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects, analyze business processes, and define functional requirements
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Commitment to working collegially and collaboratively in an inclusive and diverse environment
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience working with CRM and/or project management software
- Maintain strict confidentiality and attention to detail are essential.
- Demonstrate tact, a positive attitude, courtesy and discretion in dealing with trustees, faculty, staff, students, high-level university officials and the public.
- Work independently as well as function effectively in a team and within a diverse group of people.
- Exercise independent judgment in complex and new situations.
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects, and meet strict deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and willing to work in a changing environment.
- This position demands accuracy, honesty, integrity and the ability to work with the Christian mission of Campbell University.