Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: IMMY) is a pharmaceutical company dedicated to producing and dispensing high-quality innovative medications in all 50 states. The company’s unique business model increases patient access and affordability to many critical medicines. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Imprimis owns and operates production facilities located in California and New Jersey.
Imprimis Pharmaceuticals is searching for an Information Technology Operations Manager. This position will manage and lead the operations functions, including, but not limited to, technology infrastructure and technical support. Additionally, this role will be responsiblefor streamlining technology services within business units, proposing and adhering to policies and procedures, identifying problems; evaluating trends and anticipating requirements. This role is both hands-on and supervisory/ managerial in nature. The Information Technology Operations Manager reports to the VP of Technology.
- Implementation, deployment, and operation of networkand information systems across multiple locations.
- o Manages Imprimis’ on-site technology operations
- o Manages the private and public cloud components of Imprimis' technology operations
- o Manages the Imprimis co-located data center
- Proposes networkspecifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and securityrequirements.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of all infrastructure and end-user components.
- Maintains networkand evaluates network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing equipment.
- Proposes network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- o Responsible for set up and maintenance of VPN access for company and users.
- Manage third party vendors and IT related projects.
- Experiencein managing and leading technology initiatives during mergersand acquisitions.
- Works with all departments to research new software and workflows to meet business requirements.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and business units.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures and information security and control structures.
- Sustains information systems results by defining, delivering, and supporting information systems; auditing application of systems. Revamp systems that are inefficient to ensure robust functions which align with business needs.
- Supervises Imprimis’ on-site technology operations staff (system admins, support personnel)
- Assists in creating and maintaining company website and intranet site.
- Enhance information systems results by identifying information systems technology opportunities and developing application strategies.
- Maintains quality service by establishing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personalnetworks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experiencein the information technology field. Experience in healthcare and/ or biosciences is highly desirable.
- 5+ years of experienceinstalling and supporting LAN, WAN, servers, technology security, and telecommunication networksystems.
- Experience with public and private cloud (Azure, Oracle) is required
- Experience supporting the efforts on an internal software development group
- ITIL certification is desirable
- Working knowledge of COBIT desirable
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, HITECH, SOX, PCI is highly desirable
- Microsoft Server certifications highly desirable
- Linux knowledge is desirable
- Working knowledge of ShoreTel or other phone system is desirable, experience with other VoIP systems is desirable.
- Working knowledge of basic computer programming and reporting is desirable.
- Experience working with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and Active Directory is required.
- Work with a sense of urgency: engages and listens to all experts.
- Motivated by results and making thoughtful recommendations.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to old problems.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and exercise sound business judgment with critical thinking skills and high ethical standards, while being a team player.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to complete tasks with little direction or need for supervisory follow-up.
- Ability to travelto New Jersey, Arizona, and other locations. Travel up to 35% of the time.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Imprimis believes in creating long-term relationships by being responsive and relevant and by consistently delivering value to our community of customers. Specifically, with our employees, we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent for our business, challenging our people, demonstrating a "can-do" attitude and fostering a collaborative and mutually supportive environment.
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testin