Boeing Satellite Systems, Commercial and Government programs is seeking mid-level experienced Information Technology Engineer. This position will provide technical expertise for the definition and application of Product Lifecycle Management and Systems Engineering tools in support of the development of complex space based communications & network systems. This position will reside in El Segundo CA.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Management/administration of requirements and verification, understanding of functional architectures and Concepts of Operations defining system of systems.
- Support Integrated Product Teams throughout the product life cycle, integrating data across tools and providing analyses and reporting from multiple sources/tools.
- Develops/deploys/revises new or existing processes in support of new computing systems, including documentation and training.
- Support systems engineering tasks associated with requirement decomposition, functional architecture, requirement traceability, and verification and validation of large complex systems.
- Participate in peer reviews, support design reviews and other design-related activities.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) / Special Programs Access Clearance. A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher is required.
- 3+ years of engineering experience.
- 3+ years advanced experience using DOORS.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experienced with Systems Engineering processes in the areas of requirements management, with knowledge of verification and validation.
- Experienced with Web based platforms, general database understanding and tool integrations.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management standards, processes, and tools.
- Tool trade studies, tool requirements and integrations, Requirements Traceability, and Modeling & Simulation.
- Competency in programming languages and computing equipment, capabilities and usage. (C++, Visual Basic, DXL)
- Understanding of engineering departments/organizations and the tasks they perform. Knowledge of how these departments interact.
- Functional Architecture - Knowledge of functional flow analysis, methodologies.
- Experience with Data Analytics using DOORS, PLM and system engineering tools.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or moreyears'experience, Master'sdegree with 3 or moreyears'experience or PhDdegree withexperience.Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Sciencedegree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is thepreferred, although notrequired, accreditation standard.