IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for an IT Director in DC.
We are seeking a leader capable of being an integral promoter of our long-term vision of IT, while also understanding and enjoying the challenges of day-to-day IT operations and administration.
- Participating as a strategic leader for our IT team
- Gaining a deep understanding of the practice, and how the firm operates
- Being a key player in advancing the firm’s systems and services
- Understanding and enabling IT team growth and scale, to compliment that of the firm
- Overseeing today’s IT enterprise (staff, servers, networks, help desk, end-user communications and productivity) while imagining new IT solutions and services; owning them end to end to ensure maximum adoption and impact
- Leading a geographically-distributed IT team of 7-10. It is understood that the team size may change based on demand and delivery approach
- Developing and maintaining a firmwide IT budget
- Overseeing firmwide strategies for cybersecurity, data security, and disaster recovery
- Partnering with internal teams and external teams (partnerships, acquisitions, vendors) to integrate and deliver technology solutions and services
- This position initially reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). At the point where a Chief Information Officer (CIO) is hired, reporting would shift to the CIO
- Act as a primary point of contact for existing and potential technology vendors
- Performing any highly-sensitive task related to human resources(new hires, terminations, leaves of absence, name changes, relocations, etc.)
- Deep IT experience and demonstrated success at operating and modernizing all aspects of IT infrastructure services to support ever-evolving business needs.
- Deep understanding of balancing customer priorities while delivering cost effective solutions
- Comfortable as a strategic leader, but also a “hands on” problem solver when occasionally necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communicator, and proficient at documentation
- Team player, able to mesh well with current IT team and win their support and respect
- 10+ years of IT leadership experience, supporting companies with multiple locations
- Proven track record of successfully attracting, developing, and leading technological teams
- Experience in an International setting is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- MCSE and/or similar certifications are preferred
- Enterprise-scale experience preferred
- Significant understanding of Microsoft Cloud products: Azure, Office 365, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Preferred familiarity with Deltek Vision, Autodesk applications (Revit, BIM 360), and Adobe applications
- SOC 2 certification experience preferred
- AEC industry experience is preferred
- 15% travel (domestic and international) is expected (in normal times).
For the majority of the time the IT Director will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.