Are you ready to be part of team that thrives on new challenges, team focused environment and continuous process improvement - want to know more?
STIHL Inc. has an immediate opening for an Information Systems Specialist to develop, maintain and plan the infrastructure to support the systems to meet the requirements of the business departments. The Information Systems Specialist will also ensure that the systems have adequate security safeguards implemented and provide 3rd level operational support for issues related to the infrastructure.
- Recommends changes to systems infrastructure as it relates to the systems as well as provide operational procedures that improve productivity or security.
- Provides support for release upgrade planning and implementation.
- Provide Project support as Subject Matter Expert or project leader on smaller projects.
- Monitors system performance, performs problem determination and implements performance tuning changes.
- Monitors logs for unauthorized access attempts in the environments.
- Interfaces with users and functional analyst to resolve problems with systems environment.
- Mentor IS analysts and provide guidance where required.
- Support company policies and procedures and ensure adherence to STIHL Inc. computer and security policies.
- Maintain and present status of ongoing project milestones and tasks as required.
- Maintain currency in technical skills by attending training classes and seminars as needed.
- All work affecting product quality shall be competent on the basis of appropriate education, training, skills, and experience.
- Assume additional related responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- 8+ year’s work experience in Infrastructure (AIX/SAP preferred) and or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ year’s hands-on experience with IT infrastructure and Operating System.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of tools, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Visio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.