Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
The ISSO's primary function is working within Special Access Programs supporting Department of Defense agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide "day-to-day" support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information and Special Access Program activities.
Performance shall include:
- Review, prepare, and update AIS authorization packages
- Notify customer when changes occur that might affect AIS authorization
- Perform AIS self-inspections, provide security coordination and review of all system test plans
- Identify AIS vulnerabilities and implement countermeasures
- Represent the customer on various technical review and inspection teams
- Conduct security surveys at subordinate facilities and gather pertinent security documentation for inclusion into system authorization packages
- Coordinate, prepare, and track AIS inspections, reports, and responses
- Maintain AIS security records and prepare Co-Utilization Agreements for network nodes operating in government facilities
- Prepare reports on the status of security safeguards applied to computer systems
- Ensure AIS and network nodes are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices
- Perform ISSO duties in support of in-house and external customers
- Assist Department of Defense, National Agency and Contractor organizations with the development of assessment and authorization (A&A) efforts
- Review, track, and conduct AIS training
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire
- Must be familiar with current security policy/manuals Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
A Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of related experience are required. Equivalent experience (4 additional years) may be substituted in lieu of a degree.