Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Information Systems Security Manager to be based in E. Hartford, CT.
Do you wish you could put your expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do, this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Pratt & Whitney is currently seeking a hands-on Information Systems (IS) Security Manager (ISSM) who will document, monitor, and audit IS for compliance with applicable U.S. Government cybersecurity requirements. The ISSM reports directly to the Senior Manager of Cybersecurity for Programs.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a principal advisor to the user community and fellowcybersecurity professionals on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving cybersecurity for IS under his/her purview
- You will ensure new systems being designed, procured, adopted, and/or developed comply with current cybersecurity policies, concepts, and measures
- Develop and update appropriate system documentation artifacts under theRisk Management Framework (RMF) with limited guidance and direction from the Senior Manager
- Lead configuration change management in accordance with policies and procedures, including documenting, communicating, and coordinating U.S. Government customer approvals and authorizations for security relevant changes on the IS, new IS, or decommissioned IS prior to implementation
- Oversee and handle security assessments, inspections, tests, and reviews to ensure that all IS under his/her purview are functional and secure and align with corporate and U.S. Government cybersecurity policies and procedures and security requirements related to the operation, maintenance, and disposal of IS
- Handle execution of the incident response policy, plan, and procedures and ensure proper measures are taken when an IS incident or vulnerability is discovered in accordance with corporate policies and procedures and U.S. government compliance requirements
- Partner and coordinate with internal and external customers and security peers in the completion and communication of internal projects, process improvement initiatives, development of cybersecurity procedures and policies, and technical efficiencies
- Possess and maintain technical competence and a working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
- Assume Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Manager and/or in the absence of the ISSO(s)
- Bachelor Degree
- 2 + years of experience in cybersecurity in a Windows and/or Linux client/server networked environment; 5+ years’ experience strongly preferred
- Possess a DoD-defined IAM Level I baseline cybersecurity certification (such as CompTIA Security+)
- Obtain and maintain a DoD-defined IAM Level II baseline cybersecurity certification within 12 months of hire
- Possess an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level or higher
- Current CISSP, CISM or equivalent DoD-defined IAM Level I baseline cybersecurity cert
- Served in a cybersecurity related capacity under the U.S. Government NIST SP 800 series RMF guidelines
- DISA STIGs, SCAP, or other system hardening and compliance or vulnerability assessment tools to carry out security policies
- Splunk or other security information and event management (SIEM) products.
- Network technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switching, routing, and common ports, protocols, and services
- Advanced degree in cybersecurity, computer science, or another IS management subject area
- Initiative, creativity, along with the ability to craft clear communications both written and verbally
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Multi-tasking abilities, have a client focus, adaptive, and work effectively in a time sensitive and dynamic environment
Education: - Bachelor’s degree or higher required, preferably in cybersecurity, computer science, or another IS management subject area - Current CompTIA Security+ certification required; current CISSP, CISM or equivalent certification strongly preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 68013BR