Manage overall Information Assurance (IA) operations and direct the work of all IA team members in all aspects, including: Information System Security Management, Information System security requirements and risk assessments, vulnerability scan and Security Test and Evaluations, Monitoring and managing event logs, and maintaining network health and security.
- Provide Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) services.
- Perform security analysis; network and systems security assessments, security product evaluations, securing information systems; developing security, certification and accreditation documentation; certification testing; and other similar activities.
- Apply knowledge of cyber security policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop and implement a secure compliant system.
- Develop approaches to mitigate vulnerabilities and recommend changes to or system components as needed.
- Identify and recommend products are in compliance with the DoD evaluation and validation requirements.
- Ensure that the implementation of security designs properly mitigate identified threats.
- Attend IA security training and meetings, as required, to maintain and gain knowledge and skills of current IA issues.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related discipline (or equivalent work experience).
- 10 years of overall IT/IA experience which includes management and/or lifecycle IA support.
- Ability to effectively lead and influence cross-functional teams; grow, motivate and develop team members; and direct and evaluate their work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relay technical information to others.
- Must meet the Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8570.01 "Information Assurance Training, Certification, and Workforce Management" and DoD 8570-M "Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program" requirements for IAM (Information Assurance Manager) Level 3, IAT (Information Assurance Technical) Level 3, OR IASAE (Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer) Level 3
- Requires documented training in the following areas: network infrastructure (Cisco), Microsoft Windows.
- Knowledge of applicable military standards, specifications and test practices.
- Ability to conceptualize, format, structure, write, edit and finalize technical manuals, orders, specifications, modification work orders, and test plans, procedures and results.
- Excellent written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organization skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work.
- Extensive travel may be required.
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen.
- Progressive work experience in the areas of Information Systems Security Management, Risk Management, Information Security Training/Auditing, Network Administration and/or Incident and violations reporting preferred.
- Possession of excellent customer service and organization skills.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced security certifications corresponding to IAT Level II and or level III such as:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- SANS GIAC certifications
- Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP