Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Competencies and Behaviors
Highly self-motivated with the ability to identify areas of focus and tackle new challenges with or without direction.
Must be able to communicate effectively and build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions.
Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities - able to convey risk to all levels of the business, from C-level executives to operations and development teams.
Strong business acumen with the ability to build business cases for technology initiatives and to effectively communicate the value proposition to non-technical stakeholders.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to work under pressure. Ability to work within a dynamic and fast paced international environment.
Ability to build rapport with other team members and relevant teams. Very good communications, presentation and negotiations skills.
Technically innovative, able to express technical and non-technical concepts in clear verbal and written English.
Very good written skills to document complex concepts in a comprehensive, yet readable manner and encourages people to be open and share their views
Considers a range of options that meet the needs of all stakeholders and ability to use own initiative to solve technical problems.
Delivery Focused and takes responsibility for projects and strategic initiatives.
Demonstrate clear and measurable results through the development of KPIs, goals and milestones.
Drive innovation and best practice and strive for standardization and simplification in all aspects of work.
Able to balance the needs of the business against the desire for the best solution possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Security Engineering Design and Implementation. Plan, research, and design robust securityarchitectures based on current security best practices and industry frameworks.
- Participate in application and infrastructure projects to provide security planning and guidance
- This position will be responsible for understanding cross-company business needs and designing solutions that meet business requirements while maintaining confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and systems
- Create Security Architecture Specifications for multiple Information Security Domains including but not limited to; Governance, Cloud, Wireless, Collaboration
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies and procedures
- Perform risk analysis and security assessments
- Perform reporting and metrics
- Manage security integration projects for custom, key applications and systems
- Assist with creation, maintenance, and implementation of Information Security strategy
- Act as liaison between vendors, and internal or external organizations to ensure timely transition of fix and maintenance activities
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Comprehensive understanding of networkarchitecture with a focus on Layer 3 networking
- Strong background and hands-on experience with at least 2 or more of the following firewalls: Cisco, Juniper, Check Point, Palo Alto or Fortinet
- Experience with vulnerability scanners and vulnerability management tools such as Qualys, Rapid7, Retina, Tripwire, etc.
- Ability to create network models based on a client's existing network
- Previous experience and the desire to lead customer projects, providing consultative advice to clients, and leading client training sessions
- Security concepts related to DNS, routing, authentication, VPN, proxy services, intrusion detection and prevention, and DDOS mitigation technologies.
- Understanding of network probing/ scanning, DDOS, malicious code activity and possible abnormal activities, such as worms, Trojans, viruses, etc.
- Experience with SPLUNK ES, Twistlock threat intel platforms, SIEM, IPS/IDS, security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, vulnerability management or testing, log analysis, and forensics
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, NXOS, and IOS-XE, proficiency with JUNOS and/or ASA, F5 LTM/ASM, Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and web security technologies
- Knowledge of network based, system level, and application layer attacks and mitigation methods
- Experience with the development, deployment, and automation of security solutions in an on-prem datacenter, private/public hybrid cloud environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Professional Certifications CISSP, CCNP
- 8+ years of experience in Information Security, including experience with security principles, and defense-in-depth techniques
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.