ProSync is currently looking for a Information System Security Engineer
to support the Government assistance to ensure that the architecture and design of information systems are functional and secure, including program of record systems and special purpose environments with platform IT interconnectivity. Education
- Requires a master's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering or related discipline and sixteen (16) years of experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Goverment or
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering or related discipline and eighteen (18) years of experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Goverment or
- Twenty (20) years experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 3 is required
- Perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs.
- Designs, develops, implements and integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments.
- Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Supports the building of security architectures.
- Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content.
- Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to :
- system security design process
- engineering life cycle
- information domain
- cross domain solutions
- commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf
- cryptography authentication
- system integration
- risk management
- intrusion detection
- contingency planning
- incident handling
- configuration control
- change management
- auditing certification and accreditation process
- principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control)
- security testing
- Support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) process, the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering.
- Requires three (3) years experience in the following domain areas:
- Information Assurance: NISCAP, DIACAP NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- SIGINT: Understanding of RF: HF, VHF, UHF, VLF, SHF SIGINT systems
- Other: Scripting language; LinuxRedHat
- Experience with interacting with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to define and achieve required IA objectives
- Experience with providing the Government assistance to ensure that the architecture and design of information systems are functional and secure, including program of record systems and special purpose environments with platform IT interconnectivity
- Experience with providing expert guidance and work product evaluation to one or more security engineers that support Engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and integration of secure networking, computing and enclave environments
- Experience with advocating and recommends system-level solutions to resolve security requirements.
- Experience with Monitoring and suggests improvement to IA policy
- Experience with performing system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves, to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Experience with providing security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
- Experience on making recommendation on system-level solutions to resolve security requirements
ProSync Technology is a leader in the Intelligence Community built on a community of talented and committed individuals. With a heritage built on supporting National Security and telecommunications industry we deliver solutions in Hardware Engineering, Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Defense, Research and Software Development.
Our executive team creates and expands business opportunities, recruits talented and intelligent technology professionals, and fosters a company culture that empowers ProSync professionals to shape and mold the direction of their careers and the direction of ProSync. Employees of ProSync Technology Group, LLC and applicants for employment shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, national origin, disability, sex, age, or marital status.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more specifics regarding the position.