KeyW is a pure-play national security solutions provider for the Intelligence, Cyber and Counterterrorism Communities' toughest challenges. We support the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information across the full spectrum of their missions. We employ and challenge more than 2,000 of the most talented professionals in the industry with solving such complex problems as preventing cyberthreats, transforming data into intelligence and combating global terrorism.
The Information Systems Security Engineer must have demonstrated the ability to quickly assess all levels of enterprise IT environments (User Experience, Applications, Compute, Storage, and Network), to include hardware/system configurations for the purpose of the following:
- Identifying risk (quality, cost, schedule, constraints)
- Identify opportunity (increase Return on Investment and lower Total Cost of Operations)
- Ensure adherence to best practices (develop/drive IT enterprise standards and guidelines)
- Executive communications (all level of stockholders)
Information Security Engineers shall provide support to all organizational IT projects in obtaining certification and accreditation (C&A), Initial Authorization to Operate (IATO), Authorization to Operate (ATO), to include performing and analyzing the output of all required securify scans,with required tools and reporting of results to security staff for approval, respond to all IT security directives, ensure compliance with all Government requiredsecurity standards and policies (ICD 503, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Encryption, Firewalls, Antivirus, etc,): review and develop System Security Plans (SSPs), Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) relationship management and communication, system security recommendations, assessments, and analysis to include security patch alerts for all software and hardware in, the hosting environment.
They shall maintain all artifacts for configuration management in the enterprise version control system as specified by the Government configuration management board.
Additionally, the Information Security Engineers:
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to recommend software security features. • Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plansecurity documentation for computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications. • Review existing software products and assist in updatingsecurity methodologies. • Modify existing software designs to enhance security features. • Consult with customers and maintenance personnel about security implementation and
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor of Science or a Technical Degree and minimum 10 years of total information technologyexperience.
- Current Top Secret clearance, must be eligible for a Poly
- At least 3-5 years of system, network and/or application securityexperienceStrong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and networksecurity, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security development experience in C, C++ and/or Java
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, Security information and event management technologies
- Ability to translate security policies and procedures into technical architecture and/or configurations.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, written and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and concepts and apply that knowledge effectively.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Desired Certifications Include:
- CISSP/ISSAP or ISSEP (Certified Information SystemsSecurityProfessional)
- (Information Systems SecurityArchitecture Professional (ISSEP) preferred)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- This position requires that the candidate possess a Top Secret level security clearance.