Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to be based in East Hartford, CT.
Do you wish you could put your expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do, this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry.
As a hands-on ISSE, you will capture and refine information security requirements and ensure that the requirements are effectively integrated into information systems through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration. You will apply your knowledge of Information Assurance (IA) policy, procedures, workforce structure, and industry best-practices to design, develop, and implement secure systems, system components, system architectures, and network environments.
The ISSE will report directly to the Associate Director, Cybersecurity Compliance
We are looking for people with initiative, creativity, adaptability, strong written and verbal skills, strong analytical skills and attention to detail; creative troubleshooting skills; possess excellent judgment and professional maturity; have multi-tasking abilities and a client focus; and work effectively in a time sensitive and dynamic environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, and implement security measures for system(s), isolated network(s), and the environment as a whole that provide confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation for systems and networks;
- Develop and implement security designs for new or existing systems and networks;
- Define system and networksecurity requirements in accordance with applicable IA requirements;
- Ensure that acquired or developed system(s) and network(s) employ information systems security engineering principles and are consistent with DoD component level IA architecture;
- Ensure that the implementation of security designs properly mitigate identified threats;
- Ensure the implementation of organizational IA policies into system and networkarchitectures;
- Evaluate securityarchitectures and designs and provide input as to the adequacy of security designs and architectures proposed or provided in response to requirements contained in acquisition documents;
- Identify, assess, and recommend IA or IA-enabled products for use within a system or network;
- Ensure recommended products are in compliance with the DoD evaluation and validation requirements;
- Support Program Managers responsible for the acquisition of DoD IS to ensure IA architecture and systems engineering requirements are properly addressed throughout the acquisition life-cycle;
- Develop approaches to mitigate system and network vulnerabilities, recommend changes to system or system components as needed;
- Ensure that enclave system(s) and network(s) designs support the incorporation of DoD-directed IA vulnerability solutions, e.g., IAVAs;
- Ensure that the design of hardware, operating systems, and software applications adequately address IA security requirements;
- Assess the effectiveness of information protection measures used by systems and networks;
- Assess threats to and vulnerabilities of systems and networks; Document system security design features and provide input to implementation plans and standard operating procedures;
- Obtain and maintain DoD 8570-based IAM Level II baseline certification within 12 months of hire;
- Perform and support other tasks and projects as assigned by the Associate Director, Government Cybersecurity Compliance.
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required - preferred fields include Cyber Security, Networking, IT, Engineering or Computer Science
- Advanced Technologydegrees preferred
- Possess an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level or higher at the time of employment
- U.S. Citizenship required (due to Government contractual requirements)
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required) in any of the preferred fields
- You have a minimum of 5+ years' of hands-on experience in administration of networkinfrastructure, Windows servers and/or Linux servers
- You also have 2+ years' experience architecting or designing system solutions
- Advanced degrees preferred
- Experience with NIST SP 800-series RMF framework and guidelines, DOD 8570 certification and cybersecurity compliance requirements
- 7+ years of cybersecurity and advanced networking engineering experience on Linux and/or Windows servers in accordance with applicable cybersecurity compliance policies and procedures
- You currently hold a combination of any of the following professional certifications: CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+, CCNA and MCSA/MCSE is highly desired
- A history of project management, process development and/or implementation that span organizational boundaries is important
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience
- Ability to perform with high energy in fast paced environment with agility to adapt to changing business needs
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization
- You're a great teammate with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- Executive presentation experience and comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership. Lead, facilitate and manage change effectively
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP experiencepreferred.