McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) will provide information assurance and system security requirements support for shipboard and/or test lab Machinery Control Systems (MCS) for Naval Surface Warfare Center, Philadelphia (NSWCPD). Responsibilities may include:
- Identify system security requirements, plan and implement security layouts and architectures, and determine testing requirements.
- Perform vulnerability scanning
- Install security patches to eliminate identified vulnerabilities, and report on patch compliance
- Conduct risk management activities related to development of machinery control systems.
- Support development of documentation for Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages; support certification and accreditation efforts for systems and labs.
- Provide technical support to include hardware and software installation, testing, and troubleshooting of systems and networks.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and operating procedures associated with the lab systems and networks.
- Identify and track potential cybersecurity risks/threats and develop mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate lab issues with Program Managers and Engineers.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Information Technology, or Cybersecurity related degree.
Active DoD Secret Clearance required.
Security+ Certification or a CISSP Certification.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Minimum of two years systems administration and/or cybersecurity related experience.
Knowledge of various types of Operating Systems; Linux experience is a plus
Knowledge and experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scanning
Knowledge of Navy programs, organizations, functions, and responsibilities is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.